Interactive Forum April 2021: Stefano Tsitsipas Serve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

Tsitsy won the tournament for a number of reasons. None of them having to do with his service motion. Skeptics? What does that mean? Count me in. I have been a Tsitsipas supporter from when he first appeared. If I am not mistaken, I introduced him to the forum and have always voiced a positive voice on his potential. He still has vast potential in that service motion too. That is a good thing. My dear old tennis coach used to say that potential means room for improvement. There is friction. It could use some ironing out. Get rid of the wrinkles. The serving statistics can be misleading. They don't tell us that perhaps Rublev was a step slow on account he was done in by the week's activities. Stefanos was the fresher of the two. I don't see that little fun fact in the statistics. I'm still skeptical. Unimpressed as well. A coach can never be too much in awe to not be able to analyse and constructively criticise.
    Nothing wrong with being skeptical <g>. And I also enjoy watching Tsitsipas try to keep full court tennis alive.

I was referring back to the original source, the announcers. But regardless, if I throw my toss like this it's by accident. Tsitsi and his dad are doing this for a reason. I'm mystified and fascinated. Rublev was a step slow indeed. Couldn't get to his forehand enough. But remember the difficulty Rafa had at the Australian Open with Tsitsipas' serve in his great comeback? 17 aces 79% points won vs Rafa. By the end Rafa was leaning the wrong way often.

Then in the WTF, Tsitsi won 80% on first vs Rublev that day and had 10 aces. Earlier vs Thiem 78% and 8 aces.

Something's working ! Interesting stuff

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post

Nothing wrong with being skeptical <g>. And I also enjoy watching Tsitsipas try to keep full court tennis alive.

I was referring back to the original source, the announcers. But regardless, if I throw my toss like this it's by accident. Tsitsi and his dad are doing this for a reason. I'm mystified and fascinated. Rublev was a step slow indeed. Couldn't get to his forehand enough. But remember the difficulty Rafa had at the Australian Open with Tsitsipas' serve in his great comeback? 17 aces 79% points won vs Rafa. By the end Rafa was leaning the wrong way often.

Then in the WTF, Tsitsi won 80% on first vs Rublev that day and had 10 aces. Earlier vs Thiem 78% and 8 aces.

Something's working ! Interesting stuff
      Wise words and factual observations, Jim. I think as coaches we have 'ideal pictures' in our minds as to what we would like shots to look like. For most of us that is pretty much every shot in Roger's arsenal. They all look so perfect. But other players come along with all kinds of quirks and put a spanner in the biomechanical works of idealism. The bottomline is that some shots aren't pretty yet work incredibly well.
      Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post

Wise words and factual observations, Jim. I think as coaches we have 'ideal pictures' in our minds as to what we would like shots to look like. For most of us that is pretty much every shot in Roger's arsenal. They all look so perfect. But other players come along with all kinds of quirks and put a spanner in the biomechanical works of idealism. The bottomline is that some shots aren't pretty yet work incredibly well.
        I like your phrase so much I plan to steal it "put a spanner in the biomechanical works of idealism"

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post

I like your phrase so much I plan to steal it "put a spanner in the biomechanical works of idealism"
          Be my guest...
          Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2996 users online. 4 members and 2992 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X