Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor

Tennis World USA: Srdjan's words against Roger Federer make Nole prey of haters.
    https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tenni...rey-of-haters/

2nd article here after the one on Novak's dad

Actually, I know Srdjan in person and I can admit that he's a nice person but the media shows him as a bad guy. I don't know what is the reason, he can act too protective when it is about his family and overwhelmed with emotions just like any of us would do. We are not very close, only played tennis at his property in Lisbon a couple of times and talked about daily stuff but I have observed that he can be very competitive and protective when you talk about his family.

Comment

I have never thought poorly of Novak's dad. He probably has somewhat of a valid point about the early interactions between Fed and his son. I think what probably irks him most is Fed is so universally loved and he thinks his son deserves that level of love and respect. As a father, I know how he feels. That is just not the way the real world is. All is not completely fair.

Comment

Novak doesn't seem to mind his father's lack of self control. What it does do, however, is open the window as to what Novak himself is thinking because his father is virtually telling us. Perhaps it's better to have a strong father firmly in your corner than a million fans who you have never met and don't know. Anyway, I believe it's made Novak a stronger competitor not having crowd support, as it did Lendl many years ago. Borg could do no wrong...Lendl and McEnroe could do little right. That's just the way crowd support is. It's about you and your likability...or lack of of it...and very little about your tennis...though in Roger's case his tennis might have something to do with it.
        Stotty

Comment

I hear you Stotty. I remember the crowd particularly not liking Mac of course. The Davis Cup like love Fed has gotten in some huge matches vs Novak is stand alone to me in a Major tournament atmosphere. As you said though, all credit to Novak for being able to overcome it. I don't think hardly anyone else could, as it is not an isolated occurrence. Certainly does not happen to Rafa vs Fed.

Comment

I was at the Wimbledon final in 2008. The crowd were evenly split and the atmosphere electric. Novak has never experienced that. The 2019 final was a joke. Everyone in the stadium was cheering for Roger except Novak's family and his team...and the odd Serb. That is really tough.
            Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
              I was at the Wimbledon final in 2008. The crowd were evenly split and the atmosphere electric. Novak has never experienced that. The 2019 final was a joke. Everyone in the stadium was cheering for Roger except Novak's family and his team...and the odd Serb. That is really tough.
              Spot on, that is a perfect example of the stand alone I was referring to. I am not certain any player ever will exceed what Novak did totality wise to win that match.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7777 users online. 5 members and 7772 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X