Federer's Service Motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federer's Service Motion

John, While I was analyzing the federer serve on your website I discovered something very interesting . Your website has video profiles of Roger,s serve under both Advanced Tennis and Stroke Archive. In distilling through his serve , there exists a major difference in one component of his service motion. In your analysis of his serve under Part 1 and Part 2 of Advanced Tennis his left foot is always touching the court from the beginging of the motion to the end of the motion. This never really varies on any of the videos provided. Under the heading of Stroke Archive. the profiling of his serve is remarkably different. I believe I watched every video at least 3 times( there are probably 40-50 videos) , and each time ,Roger has only the heel of his left foot touching the court until he prepares to exert the required ground force for his potential energy.Any Idea as to why these motions are so different? Leon

I know what you're talking about, I'm just not sure it's siginficant.

If you advance enough frames in the leg action video you'll see that Roger gets to the exact same point in the coiling or loading of the motion.

My opinion is the other stuff is mainly just personal ritual, or some slight feel difference he developed. It's probably similar to Pete pointing his front toes up in the air. Doesn't seem to have an impact on the actual biomechanics of the motion.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2801 users online. 9 members and 2792 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X