Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stroke
    replied
    Great food for thought on this article. Most of us would probably be doing ourselves a favor by using this Fed model abbreviated return of serve all the time. I think Agassi and Kriekstein pretty much did. Tomic too.
    Last edited by stroke; 04-09-2021, 05:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mikebeck
    replied
    Does the advice of keeping the racket on edge apply regardless of whether or not it is western or modified eastern grip? It seems that Djoker modifies forehand grip on return -- but I'm not positive?

Leave a comment:

• jthb1021
    replied
    Loving this series! The abbreviated turn and keeping the racquet quiet and on edge through the ball. The returners that do it this way return so cleanly and solid. This is the model I use for beginner adults for their forehand groundstroke. Roger Federer’s forehand return is about as simple and efficient as a forehand can get in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    replied
    Think they should, but...

Leave a comment:

• doctorhl
    replied
    John: Great explanation of return versus groundstroke differences. Do you ever see anyone practice emphasizing these return principles along with a charge to the net? It seems that having the ability to hit an abbreviated chip or topspin charge to the net is a good thing to have for a surprise effect on occasion. I have even seen a few double faults created with this tactic at the collegiate level years ago. But only a few pros either have that ability or perhaps most just think it is statistically not worthwhile for success to even practice.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic The Return Swing

The Return Swing

Let's discuss Bill Tym's article, "The Return Swing"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7897 users online. 5 members and 7892 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X