Nick Kyrgios Service Toss Cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Kyrgios Service Toss Cluster

Since several service toss clusters I've posted here have gotten interest, here's another that might amuse.

Nick Kyrgios' tosses includes an impact point from below his knees -- for his underhand, drop serve of course !

filedata/fetch?id=93334&d=1618082060&type=thumb
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Yes, I would like to see the contact point on Nick's scary quick service motion. I suspect it is way different that Stef's. I have never seen Nick catch a toss. No time in that motion for that. His is a fast twitch masterpiece of a serve.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
      Yes, I would like to see the contact point on Nick's scary quick service motion. I suspect it is way different that Stef's. I have never seen Nick catch a toss. No time in that motion for that. His is a fast twitch masterpiece of a serve.
      Your wish is my command. Well, this is a bit limited but you get the idea. Announcers we trying to show he could hit both corners in the ad court from an identical toss in 0.6 seconds, although it was never what the 0.6 sec is for; from toss to contact?

This is, I believe from Melbourne this year vs Humbert. Tennis Channel.

Yes, great serve. Andy Murray and Djokovic did an online chat during the shutdown and did the usual "Best strokes on tour". They named Isner and Kyrgios as having "the best serve". Murray was in awe that he can just walk out and hit 135 mph without even warming up; said Nick did that during practice. Novak's response was, "He practises?" <g>.

filedata/fetch?id=93345&d=1618160218&type=thumb
      filedata/fetch?id=93346&d=1618160256&type=thumb
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      Last edited by jimlosaltos; 04-11-2021, 09:01 AM.

Comment

I think they were referring to from the time it leaves the tossers(Nick) hand to contact. It is so scary quick. Tanner and Goran come to mind.

Comment

Does anyone know if Nick’ service toss clusters are generally significantly more toward the net than others?

Comment

Originally posted by doctorhl View Post
            Does anyone know if Nick’ service toss clusters are generally significantly more toward the net than others?
            Haven't seen a cluster, put I pulled this screen cap for you of Nick at impact. I'd say this is almost 3 feet into the court. The image is from this vid:

Attached Files
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Last edited by jimlosaltos; 04-12-2021, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks Jim! Great Video. Tanner and Goran do seem similar as Stroke said.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8483 users online. 4 members and 8479 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X