ATP 250's Munich and Estoril

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATP 250's Munich and Estoril

Munich top seed is Alex, #2 seed is Ruud. I like Ruud to win this tournament, he to me one of top 6 clay courters in the world. Estoril Denis is top seed. Who knows about Denis?

Newsflash: Shapovalov has ditched the backwards baseball cap for a bandana.

Comment

Originally posted by glacierguy View Post
      Unfortunately, even though he appears to have so many tools, his outcomes still tend to disappoint. He simply does not have the hard hat work ethic for clay court success. No surface reveals that like clay.

Comment

Bash had a very good looking win today. He is a poor man's Denis, such firepower and technique off both sides, but as so often the case, the sum of the parts equal less than the whole. A dangerous floater though, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by glacierguy View Post
          This is a huge step in the right direction. Look like a tennis player...rule number one. He needs to ditch the through the legs bounce real bad. That is so bush league. He's got some tools but he himself might not be the sharpest tool in the shed. The bandana and the haircut is a step forwards. Big serve and big forehand. Tries to go big on the backhand way too often. He needs a really good slice backhand. Particularly since he is left handed. McEnroe used to carve up his opponents real nice with his backhand. I would retool Shapovalov. This would include some refinement to his service motion and tactics. He needs to be more brainy...which might be above his pay grade as jimlosaltos said about his analysis of the Tsitsipas service motion. I think that Denis could be an interesting project but I am afraid that Youzney has had enough time to show what he can do and so far I have not seen any improvement whatsoever.
          don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

This is a huge step in the right direction. Look like a tennis player...rule number one. He needs to ditch the through the legs bounce real bad. That is so bush league. He's got some tools but he himself might not be the sharpest tool in the shed. The bandana and the haircut is a step forwards. Big serve and big forehand. Tries to go big on the backhand way too often. He needs a really good slice backhand. Particularly since he is left handed. McEnroe used to carve up his opponents real nice with his backhand. I would retool Shapovalov. This would include some refinement to his service motion and tactics. He needs to be more brainy...which might be above his pay grade as jimlosaltos said about his analysis of the Tsitsipas service motion. I think that Denis could be an interesting project but I am afraid that Youzney has had enough time to show what he can do and so far I have not seen any improvement whatsoever.
            Sure enough I checked the ATP scores and Denis came in second to Corentin Moutet who is ranked a cool #73. I saw in that same ATP website the other day where Denis was quoted as saying that he felt he could beat any of the top players. Open mouth...eat crow. He needs help and Youzney hasn't done the job.
            don_budge

Comment

Bash's big game is on today vs Ruud. Bash can be an absolute handful for any player. He hits so big off both sides. Kind of maybe a Karatsev lite.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                Bash's big game is on today vs Ruud. Bash can be an absolute handful for any player. He hits so big off both sides. Kind of maybe a Karatsev lite.
                Nikoloz Basilashvili gave Casper Ruud a rude bashing. He plays Benoit Paire first round in Madrid with the winner getting "The Tsitsipatti Kid".
                don_budge

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

Nikoloz Basilashvili gave Casper Ruud a rude bashing. He plays Benoit Paire first round in Madrid with the winner getting "The Tsitsipatti Kid".
                  Ha, not picking Beniot, but I expect there have been longer odds. Bernard, the man.

Comment

Bash just too good. Stuff played well, stayed strong, but he was definitely 2nd best out there. I am thinking if anyone can take down Nadal at FO, it would be Karatsev or Bash, 2 guys that hit so big off both sides. Bash also has a technically perfect serve motion and great movement, to go along with his Fognini level forehand and backhand. Karatsev and Bash may be able to reign down 60+ winners(which Soderling did so may years ago in one on Nadal's 2 losses at RG). Bash also has that drama free low key attitude of Karatsev. Very cool character.

Comment

He out bashed Struff. That is some bashing about. I watched Struff against the Ukranian in the round before who had taken a set off Nadal the week before. He was just bashing him about. That is two wins now for Basilashvili. He is coming on strong. It will be interesting to watch him play "The Tsitsipatti Kid" at Madrid. Tsitsy will be wishing he had a devastating service motion against this fellow.
                      don_budge

Comment

Stef and Bash could be a very good one. Stef did a great job of dealing with the similar power game of Karatsev. Bash like Karatsev does not have a plan B. Of course, their plan A's are very good.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2436 users online. 4 members and 2432 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                        X