No announcement yet.

2021 Roland Garros...ATP 2000...Paris, France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The match starts now. The young Italian is the real deal for sure but there is still a lot to do if he is to win this match. He's had a bit of luck too with balls shooting off lines here and there...luck like that tends to run out. If I were the Italian, I would really go for it from here. Last thing he wants is Novak settling in.
    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

Lock down coming in 3...2...1???
      Lock down executed...opponent terminated with prejudice.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Nadal vs. Sinner...

Nadal working the towel like there is no tomorrow.
        don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Nadal is dominating all the different rally lengths. +7 in 0-4, +7 in 5-8, and +5 in 9+ rallies. Sinner has a lot of work to do and I don’t think he has what it takes mentally or physically today.

Comment

If you’re going to beat Rafa at the French you must win the first set to have a chance.

Comment

Same old...same old. Nadal routs a potential threat as easy as snuffing out a candle. As for Novak...at 2 sets to love down three posters on this forum knew exactly what would happen next.
              Stotty

Comment

Nadal was better than even money vs the field before the tournament even started. We all know that looks like a very smart bet, even more so now. I suppose Novak has a chance, but he is going to have to play with the same intensity as Nadal, which means from the very first point, all he is thinking about is winning the next point. Unlikely that will happen, he seems to have fallen in love with this rope a dope thing he has going on. Stef, if he can get Nadal extended to maybe a 5 hour match, may have a chance.

Comment

You almost felt like Djokovic wanted to go 5 to break the tie with Federer for most grand slam wins in 5 sets! He did it with ease. For Musetti, he was suffering at the end.
                  No legs = no compete in this sport.

Most 5 set matches won at grand slams (All Time)

Player Record
                  1. Djokovic 31-9
                  2. Federer 30-17
                  3. Sampras 29-9
                  4. Marin Cilic 27-12
                  5. Lleyton Hewitt 26-19

source: ATP TOUR

Kyle LaCroix USPTA, PTR
                  Delray Beach
                  SETS Consulting

Comment

Apologies for the frivolity and disrespect, but as a Brit of a certain age, I can't look at Rybakina's name without thinking "Ribena Drinker". Do you have Ribena in the States? (Blackcurrant cordial.) Stotty, help me out!

Anyhow, it's a set all, and I'm rooting for Ribena Drinker.

Comment

• On a more serious note, Rybakina has a very useful slow, deep topspin rally ball enabling her to recover from some really stretched positions.

Comment

• Tsitsipas vs Medvedev about to kick off. Remember - Medvedev strongly dislikes Tsitsipas and for me, is going to win.

Comment

• Good match going on. Makes it better that Medvedev dislikes Tsitsipas, but I get the feeling Stef is living rent free in Medvedev's head.

Match of the day tomorrow, NOT Nadal vs Diego. If anyone does think that Diego is going to win that match, there is massive money to be had. Oddsmakers have Rafael at a 95.2% implied probability of winning the match.
                          Last edited by stroke; 06-08-2021, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• All I have to say about that for Medvedev, that is going to leave a mark.

Comment

• Great performance from Tsitsipas. I only saw he third set but Tsitsipas' superior forehand seemed to make all the difference...just a heavier weight of shot. And what a super attitude he has.

Not sure what the last point was all about....
                              Last edited by stotty; 06-08-2021, 01:52 PM.
                              Stotty

Comment

• Originally posted by glacierguy View Post
                                Apologies for the frivolity and disrespect, but as a Brit of a certain age, I can't look at Rybakina's name without thinking "Ribena Drinker". Do you have Ribena in the States? (Blackcurrant cordial.) Stotty, help me out!

Anyhow, it's a set all, and I'm rooting for Ribena Drinker.
                                Never met an American who would touch a Ribena. I tend to find they prefer a Budweiser or a Corona. I met an American a few years ago at Wimbledon and he was swigging Corona all afternoon.
                                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3924 users online. 6 members and 3918 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X