Odds to win Wimbledon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odds to win Wimbledon

As of now, Novak is an ovewhelming favorite. The next, Stef, Medvedev, Fed, Matteo.

Wimbledon is nearly upon us. Such a short gap between the FO and SW19 this year. Novak has opted for minimal practice so he can recover physically from his FO exploits. I find that slightly risky but I guess no one knows his body better then the player himself.

I am not expecting a great Wimbledon for some strange reason. Rafa is not playing and Roger seems all out of form. Let's hope Medvedev and Stephanos can step up to the plate rather better than they have been doing when crunch time comes.
    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
      Wimbledon is nearly upon us. Such a short gap between the FO and SW19 this year. Novak has opted for minimal practice so he can recover physically from his FO exploits. I find that slightly risky but I guess no one knows his body better then the player himself.

I am not expecting a great Wimbledon for some strange reason. Rafa is not playing and Roger seems all out of form. Let's hope Medvedev and Stephanos can step up to the plate rather better than they have been doing when crunch time comes.
      I also think that Wimbledon will be very odd. The tournament is putting people in a bubble so they are not going early. There will most likely be restrictions on fans. Will they empty the stadium out if it rains?

I hate to even think to bet against Novak. I keep thinking he won't be able to keep overcoming his dips in energy. But he manages to do it.

With such a short turnaround it will be a challenge for anyone who made deep at RG. Maybe we will get a surprise finalist or even two.

Something like Nalbandian against Hewitt. Maybe Shapovalov vs. Medvedev.

That would be a very interesting final.

Comment

If Shap gets there, I will be beyond surprised. Who knows what is going on with the shamdemic and it variants?

Comment

Turbulent times. I wouldn't say the UK is putting Wimbledon in a bubble, tho. Much different situation than in the U.S. since over 80% of adults in the UK are vaccinated, highest percentage of any large nation. That and wearing masks when moving around the grounds aren't very restrictive compared to what U.K. has already been through. Certainly, fan response has been extremely positive -- selling 140,000 tickets in only hours, despite only pre-regs having pass code and restrictions.

That's encouraging.

As for the tennis itself -- very hard to predict. Let's see where people fall in the modified (again) draw. And how the finalists recover from Roland-Garros. Novak played a whole lot of tennis to get that title. And, of course, there is London's weather

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post
            Turbulent times. I wouldn't say the UK is putting Wimbledon in a bubble, tho. Much different situation than in the U.S. since over 80% of adults in the UK are vaccinated, highest percentage of any large nation. That and wearing masks when moving around the grounds aren't very restrictive compared to what U.K. has already been through. Certainly, fan response has been extremely positive -- selling 140,000 tickets in only hours, despite only pre-regs having pass code and restrictions.

That's encouraging.

As for the tennis itself -- very hard to predict. Let's see where people fall in the modified (again) draw. And how the finalists recover from Roland-Garros. Novak played a whole lot of tennis to get that title. And, of course, there is London's weather
            The general feeling here amongst the population is the virus is more or less behind us, the scientists and some members of the government are somewhat more cautious in declaring we are through the other side just yet. The vaccination programme has gone remarkably well. It's the only part of the whole saga that has gone well, but, boy, what a part to get right....the most important part. The mood is confident.
            Stotty

Comment

Thiem pulling out with a wrist injury from Majorca will re-juggle the top of the draw. That can make a difference. Hope Domi can defend his US Open title, missing that would be a shame.

Comment

Novak Djokovic is a lock...as in lockdown.
                don_budge
                Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Ist round matches of note....Nick vs Ugo Humbert, Murray vs Bash, Novak vs Jack Draper, Shap vs Kohl, Karatsev vs Chardy, Fed vs Mannarino, Struff vs Medvedev.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                    Ist round matches of note....Nick vs Ugo Humbert, Murray vs Bash, Novak vs Jack Draper, Shap vs Kohl, Karatsev vs Chardy, Fed vs Mannarino, Struff vs Medvedev.
                    Sinner vs. Marton Fucsovics could be interesting...
                    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post

Sinner vs. Marton Fucsovics could be interesting...
                      Good call. Sinner is struggling it seems, but great win for Fucsovics.

Comment

Murray wins 1st set vs Bash but I certainly could not say he looked the better player in doing so.
                        Last edited by stroke; 06-28-2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Murray has now won the 2nd set looking not like the better player.

Comment

McEnroe is shocked. I am not super shocked at the way things have happened.

Comment

Well the better tennis player, the guy who hits a much bigger ball off both sides, comes back and wins the 3rd set. I am just not shocked.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2715 users online. 3 members and 2712 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X