Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best scientific articles ever written on this site ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best scientific articles ever written on this site ...

Your opinions and links on the best of the best that has ever been posted on this site - it would be great if a veteran of these boards or John Yandell could pinpoint the ten best articles ever done here in history - like a greatest hits album or something ... anyone have links here they thought were tremendous?

"Scientific" is a loaded term. I consider most articles on this site to be empirical but not quantitative. Brian's are an exception. Here is one he and I did together:

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
      "Scientific" is a loaded term. I consider most articles on this site to be empirical but not quantitative. Brian's are an exception. Here is one he and I did together:

https://www.tennisplayer.net/members...ead_speed.html
      I agree with John from my viewpoint as a forum reader! For those who want access to quantitative tennis research, one must remember that skill and mental performance as well as coaching performance variables are very hard to measure and control, unlike tennis fitness. Hence, the majority of tennis quantitative research is fitness oriented. Eastern Europe in particular has a history of emphasizing quantitative research to support former state controlled sports ministries.

Comment

Okay guys LOL - let me put this question the other way is we are getting into semantics here and getting away from the point of this thread - let me re-phrase this - "What are the best articles that have ever been posted here" ... the greatest hits compilation on this site.

Comment

TC,
          You're the one who used the word scientific. Naturally I like my articles. Look in Teaching Systems which goes step by step through the strokes comparing players to pro models and shows how to use side by side video. In the Mental Game section the original work by Jim Loehr on the 16 second cure and other topics is also fantastic.

Comment

tenniscoach1

Check out the Stroke Analysis/Advanced Tennis section. All the work there written by John. The Mental Game segment is strong and all articles written by former players, coaches and Doctors.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA, PTR
            Delray Beach
            SETS Consulting

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 5027 users online. 8 members and 5019 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X