Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jthb1021
    replied
    This is really interesting! I look forward to trying this in Hopes to help with learning shots from the Slice family. Thanks for sharing

Leave a comment:

• DavidLHagler
    replied
    More to come

Leave a comment:

• jeremy93
    replied
    Great stuff Dave! Is this the last article of the “touch” series?

Leave a comment:

• stotty
    replied
    An interesting concept and something I have used myself albeit in a slightly different way. I have a collection of wooden rackets ranging from Dunlop Maxply, Slazenger No1, and several Wilson Jack Kramers. I have around 12 wooden rackets all purchased from secondhand shops for virtually nothing.

I make (I say 'make' but they enjoy it really) my performance players plays sets with my wooden rackets from time to time. It makes them watch the ball better, bend their knees better, and set up better. When they switch back to their modern rackets they play so much better it's remarkable. Modern rackets are hugely advantageous but they can lead to laziness whereas you simply cannot be lazy with a tiny wooden racket devoid of power.

The kids knock up with wooden rackets surprisingly well but when the points start and they get pulled around the court things really slow up and look a lot different. And there are lots of shanks!

I dig the slice and drop shots drills in clips. The girl is reaching for simplicity straight away. I will certainly give it a go with my players.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic Drills for Developing Touch: Part 4

Drills for Developing Touch: Part 4

Let's get your thoughts on Dave Hagler's latest article, "Drills for Developing Touch: Part 4"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8129 users online. 5 members and 8124 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X