Novak's Press Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novak's Press Conference

So you win three slams, get to the final in the fourth slam, go two sets down, then two breaks down, and then finally, finally you get a bit of love. It's a tough life.

Novak's amazing...and gracious in defeat as always. It was terrific to see him finally get the support he deserves. I thought it would be the Brits (softies that we are) that would eventually give it to him but in the end it was the Americans; they did him proud.
    Stotty

Comment

I tried to but I couldn't watch it. Modern sports...fake sports. Sports are entertainment and the press conference is a "special moment" for the gullible fans to connect with their electronic image heroes. The less said the better. Inevitably the player is lapsing into a soliloquy about themselves. The ups and downs. These guys don't know how to tell a story and so far only Roger Federer got the hang of doing these things without doing his life story. He sticks to the match and the relevant topics. This is in the past though. The story was in the match and no amount of lamenting and slobbering afterwards is going to change it. The business about the New York crowds...you can take it and shove it where the sun don't shine. This crowd has shown its character over the years and they are just as stupid and as obtuse as the city they live in. Even though many journeyed to "The Big Apple" to witness this great spectacle. I've been to New York a half a dozen times and when I first saw the horizon I uttered those immortal words of Stevie Wonder..."New York...just like I pictured it. Skyscrapers and everything." New York is a warning to the civilised world. Have you seen "Escape From New York"? Coming soon...to a Big Apple near you. They ought to move this spectacle to downtown Detroit.

I was pulling for Novak in a sort of disinterested way. Even though my "name sake" was the original winner and I would never want to see his accomplishment tarnished. But this is a different tennis world/universe than the world Don Budge conquered in 1937. It is a gadget and gizmo world of fake perception. Nothing is as it appears to be. Not that it ever was. Just more so now. The business of the crowd showing some love to Novak Djokovic when he finally did their bidding and lost is just puke worthy. Novak should just flip them off like Daniil Medvedev had the courage and the balls to do a couple of years ago. Then we had an honest moment. This is all phoney baloney. Just as the match apparently turned out to be. Much ado about nothing. It's a tennis match for God's sake. That is all it is. Sure the stakes were high and then they were higher. But today nobody cares. And tomorrow they will care even less. I didn't care enough to bother to watch the match. I couldn't care less one way or the other. Congratulations to Daniil Medvedev...he holds the crown to the Fake U. S. Open.

Gracious in defeat? More slobber. Did he smash any racquets along the way? Setting a fine example for all to see. Did he nearly decapitate any lines people this year? Oh...that's right, there weren't any. Another human element taken out of the "Big Time Wrestling" game of tennis. This is where it has led us. From Don Budge and Rod Laver to the here and now. I'm glad all of you approve. So happy that you love it. Somebody has to. I'm done with it. Roger has left the stadium. Just like Elvis did. Well, maybe not just like Elvis. But he sure as hell did it his way. To Novak's defense, his choices are limited. He has his "brand". He is a slave to it. There is nothing left of him as a real person so why the interview? Naomi Osaka is right about one thing, the interviews...just take them off the agenda. The same whiney voices. Droning on and on and on. Blah...blah...blah.

The story was in the match. The rest of it is just window dressing.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
        I tried to but I couldn't watch it. Modern sports...fake sports. Sports are entertainment and the press conference is a "special moment" for the gullible fans to connect with their electronic image heroes. The less said the better. Inevitably the player is lapsing into a soliloquy about themselves. The ups and downs. These guys don't know how to tell a story and so far only Roger Federer got the hang of doing these things without doing his life story. He sticks to the match and the relevant topics. This is in the past though. The story was in the match and no amount of lamenting and slobbering afterwards is going to change it. The business about the New York crowds...you can take it and shove it where the sun don't shine. This crowd has shown its character over the years and they are just as stupid and as obtuse as the city they live in. Even though many journeyed to "The Big Apple" to witness this great spectacle. I've been to New York a half a dozen times and when I first saw the horizon I uttered those immortal words of Stevie Wonder..."New York...just like I pictured it. Skyscrapers and everything." New York is a warning to the civilised world. Have you seen "Escape From New York"? Coming soon...to a Big Apple near you. They ought to move this spectacle to downtown Detroit.

I was pulling for Novak in a sort of disinterested way. Even though my "name sake" was the original winner and I would never want to see his accomplishment tarnished. But this is a different tennis world/universe than the world Don Budge conquered in 1937. It is a gadget and gizmo world of fake perception. Nothing is as it appears to be. Not that it ever was. Just more so now. The business of the crowd showing some love to Novak Djokovic when he finally did their bidding and lost is just puke worthy. Novak should just flip them off like Daniil Medvedev had the courage and the balls to do a couple of years ago. Then we had an honest moment. This is all phoney baloney. Just as the match apparently turned out to be. Much ado about nothing. It's a tennis match for God's sake. That is all it is. Sure the stakes were high and then they were higher. But today nobody cares. And tomorrow they will care even less. I didn't care enough to bother to watch the match. I couldn't care less one way or the other. Congratulations to Daniil Medvedev...he holds the crown to the Fake U. S. Open.

Gracious in defeat? More slobber. Did he smash any racquets along the way? Setting a fine example for all to see. Did he nearly decapitate any lines people this year? Oh...that's right, there weren't any. Another human element taken out of the "Big Time Wrestling" game of tennis. This is where it has led us. From Don Budge and Rod Laver to the here and now. I'm glad all of you approve. So happy that you love it. Somebody has to. I'm done with it. Roger has left the stadium. Just like Elvis did. Well, maybe not just like Elvis. But he sure as hell did it his way. To Novak's defense, his choices are limited. He has his "brand". He is a slave to it. There is nothing left of him as a real person so why the interview? Naomi Osaka is right about one thing, the interviews...just take them off the agenda. The same whiney voices. Droning on and on and on. Blah...blah...blah.

The story was in the match. The rest of it is just window dressing.
        Perhaps some of what you are addressing might explain why there has never been a successful tennis movie!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7669 users online. 5 members and 7664 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X