No announcement yet.

Interactive Forum November 2021: Daniil Medvedev Forehand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great description. Part of the description reminds me of years ago when shotput technique transitioned from linear movement across the ring to rotational movement around the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by ejkantor View Post
      Well, its been a VERY long time since I've interacted here. Everything everyone has written so far is on point. One thing not talked about that I see is the massive lag in the wrist followed by the wrist snap forward ever so quickly before contact. Looks to me like a lot energy, power, spin, all of the above happens in a thousands of a second when he sort of throws the racket head into the ball. Maybe this why he's able to generate the power and the spin without the longer follow throughs all us mortals have to do. Just a thought.
      I agree with you and think your description is spot on. Here is a still frame that I think really shows the lag he creates

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 10.34.45 PM.png

Comment

Great picture Capture

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreycounts View Post

I agree with you and think your description is spot on. Here is a still frame that I think really shows the lag he creates

Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 10.34.45 PM.png
          That lag is significant in that still pic, no doubt. It JY's video of his forehand, which started this thread, he does not seem to me to have that same lag.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

That lag is significant in that still pic, no doubt. It JY's video of his forehand, which started this thread, he does not seem to me to have that same lag.
            I grabbed that from the video that started the thread (it's the last one in the sequence). The lag really stands out if you are looking straight on, or from behind. Much harder to see from the side.

I'll also add that it's not just lag of the wrist. From Brian Gordon, there is external rotation of the shoulder here as well.

Comment

Why does that pic make my shoulder hurt?...If I incorrectly sequenced forward from that position as a potential Medvedev wannabe......trouble. But I would gladly take any of his wins!!

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8040 users online. 9 members and 8031 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X