Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive Forum January 2022: Diego Schwartzman Returns

Diego Schwartzman Returns

In this month’s issue, Brian Gordon shares what he told 60 Minutes about why he thinks Diego returns so well.
    (Click Here to see the video and read the article)

On the tour he is #4 on first serves, and #1 on second serves.

So here are a series of returns, forehands, backhands, first and second serves.

Do you agree with Brian? Tell us what you think in the Forum.

Last edited by johnyandell; 12-31-2021, 02:06 PM.

He sure does seem to get a full hip/shoulder turn in preparation and pirouettes off his toes to allow his hip/shoulders to turn fully in his followthrough. I wonder how fast the hips/shoulders move when he is in the air?

Comment

I can't get the video to play. Anyone else having trouble? I just get a blank screen with the greyed out control buttons? I have tried Google Chrome and Safari, neither work.
      Stotty

Comment

Weird. Playing fine here. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by johnyandell View Post
          Weird. Playing fine here. Anyone else?
          It's working. I logged out and deleted the history and cache and then logged back in. I can now play the video. I think it must have been my end and not yours. I am using Chrome.
          Stotty

Comment

It is also possible that shorter players simply accept disadvantage in serving and dedicate more effort on return of serve to compensate.
            The above excerpt from Brian's article is a view I subscribe to. It applies many areas of the game. Back in the days of S & V players with lesser servers had to learn to volley better than players with huge serves, by way of compensating.

It's great that Diego is the model for the article. He is an amazing returner and he gets so many elements absolutely right in the clip. He clears aways, turns, loads and drives up so well, so balanced. Good to see a little guy doing so well on the tour. He's found a way to survive with the giants.

I saw Oliver Rochus 5'5'' play Karlovic at Wimbledon. It was comical to watch them change ends because the height difference was so vast. Ironically, Rochus, on match-point, hit a brilliant topspin lob over Karlovic's head. You would never have thought it possible.

Great camera work, John. You done this kind of work before by any chance...
            Stotty

Comment

Maybe.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8139 users online. 8 members and 8131 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X