Updated To Win Australian Open odds post Novak saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated To Win Australian Open odds post Novak saga

"Updated Australian Open Odds After Novak Djokovic Has Visa Cancelled By Australian Border Force" https://www.actionnetwork.com/tennis...rder-force/amp

Looks about right. I might lower Tsitsipas, despite him being one of my favorite players, because this and ATP Cup are his first competitions back after quite recent elbow surgery.

Comment

It looks like Stef may have lingering elbow issues. I read somewhere he may be changing his string set up because of it. We will see

Comment

Current list of favourites over here in the UK. A few youngsters are featuring quite high in the pecking order. I'll take Sinner to reach the last eight.
        1. Novak Djokovic
        2. Daniil Medvedev
        3. Alexander Zverev
        4. Rafael Nadal
        5. Stefanos Tsitsipas
        6. Jannik Sinner
        7. Carlos Alcaraz

Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
          Current list of favourites over here in the UK. A few youngsters are featuring quite high in the pecking order. I'll take Sinner to reach the last eight.
          1. Novak Djokovic
          2. Daniil Medvedev
          3. Alexander Zverev
          4. Rafael Nadal
          5. Stefanos Tsitsipas
          6. Jannik Sinner
          7. Carlos Alcaraz
          Is that contingent on Novak getting in, or do the odds include winning his hearing?

Top seems about right.

I'm surprised Alcaraz is so high, a bit less at Sinner.

No love for Berrettini, Hurckaz, Ruud, Rublev, FAA?

Comment

Andrey Rublev 25/1

Matteo Berrettini 30/1

Felix Auger Aliassime 50/1

Alcaraz is actually 32/1

Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
              Andrey Rublev 25/1

Matteo Berrettini 30/1

Felix Auger Aliassime 50/1

Alcaraz is actually 32/1
              Ah, makes more sense. To me anyway. Thx.

I'm sticking with Medy, awaiting the draw.

Comment

I am picking Zverev at AO, but we all know, he will certainly have to be at his best to get it done, particularly if he comes up against Medvedev. He certainly cannot pull a Novak rope-a-dope. Not much slack in his rope to victory.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                  I am picking Zverev at AO, but we all know, he will certainly have to be at his best to get it done, particularly if he comes up against Medvedev. He certainly cannot pull a Novak rope-a-dope. Not much slack in his rope to victory.
                  The oddsmakers must be loving this one. You could have bet for or against Djokovic before he boarded the plane. Now there is no way to know what his odds are.

It is a black swan and according to the book by the title, something like 80% of the things that affect us the most occur because of one off weird events. Most of the fate of the other players in the draw depend on this visa thing. With Djokovic out, all their chances go up to advance.

If he leaves, I think Medvedev has to the be the favorite. We could finally have a sleeper. My money is on Shapo to take a leap this year. But I am guessing it is more likely to happen at Wimbledon where he was the Boys champion. His lefty aggressive game is much better suited to grass where the points are short and attacking inside the court is still a viable strategy.

Comment

There may end up being some kind of plea deal where Novak is allowed to play but will need to wear a properly fitting N95 mask.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8049 users online. 6 members and 8043 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                    X