Marseille

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marseille

#163 in world Roman Safiuullin takes out Tsitsipas in 2 pretty much routine sets. It to me just goes to show the depth of mens tennis, and the greatness of the 3, who way more often than not, were able to turn away these type of challenges. And Tsitsipas did not play badly, he was just unable to overcome a very hot opponent.
    Last edited by stroke; 02-18-2022, 12:21 PM.

Strange result. I know he's not big 3 material but he is pretty good and ought to be able to repel a challenge from someone ranked 163. I wonder if his elbow is hampering his form.
    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
      Strange result. I know he's not big 3 material but he is pretty good and ought to be able to repel a challenge from someone ranked 163. I wonder if his elbow is hampering his form.
      He is pretty good, very good no doubt.

Comment

Safiuullin broke into the top 200 2 years ago and he only recently broke the top 150. He turned pro in 2015 so he's been around. But this year he has played a lot of matches and got to feel like he belonged when he played the ATP Cup with Medvedev and actually took a set off Shapovalov. This week he had a win over Gulbis in qualifying and Popyrin in a long match in the first round, so he is definitely making a bit of a breakthrough. Tsitsipas had 11 aces and only 2 df's, but he struggled on second serve and faced 13 break points dropping just 2. Safiuuilin faced only one and defended it.

Comment

What a match FAA vs Safiuullin. 2 tiebreak sets for FAA. #163 in the world. Such an indication to me of what ATP tennis is. FAA has such a great forehand, but it appears to me he has cleaned up his errors on it a bit lately. He like Sinner has such a loose live arm.

Comment

I imagine FAA will beat Rublev. I am trying to watch the match but we have has storms herein the last few days that have interfered with streaming...so annoying.
            Stotty

Comment

Rublev playing well here in the second and has a break. I only tuned at the start of the second but Rublev has caught FAA four times with some real good backhands down the line.
              Stotty

Comment

Shame FAA couldn't have snatched that second set. He started to play so well behind his first serve, as Rublev had in the first set. Some careless decisions here and there really cost FAA. I have to hand it to Rublev. He was really locked into that match from start to finish.
                Stotty

Comment

Yes, both played well, Rublev earned and deserved it.

In Rio, to me Alcaraz is showing why I think think he is at least the #3 contender at RG.
                  Last edited by stroke; 02-20-2022, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                    Yes, both played well, Rublev earned and deserved it.

In Rio, to me Alcaraz is showing why I think think he is at least the #3 contender at RG.
                    I's not easy to dismantle Schwartzman on a clay court but Alcaraz seemed to do it with ease. He's an incredible specimen physically...reminds me of another Spaniard we all know rather well.

Alcaraz is terrific to watch.
                    Stotty

Comment

He has the physicality, mentality, and technique to be a multiple FO winner. His forehand, although huge, is not as good as the inimitable Nadal's, but he is a specimen no doubt.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7953 users online. 6 members and 7947 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                      X