X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ten1050
    replied
    Dr. Paul,
    I cannot thank you enough for your amazing book on the art of watching the ball. It has helped me in ways that seem almost inexplicable. I have played and taught tennis for over half a century, and I have never come across a more enlightening tennis book. I congratulate you for your outstanding work in this field of study.

Sincerely,

Norman Ashbrooke

Leave a comment:

• jschoeman
    replied
    "a morsel of cortex about the size of a grain of sand could hold 2000 terabytes of information, enough to store all the movies ever made, trailers included." How fascinating!!! I'm also glad we are coaching and playing a sport so good for the brain

And the part about hearing being underrated- I wonder how this relates to players that grunt and carry out their grunts even when the ball has crossed the net their still grunting or the grunt is echoing which could seriously distract the opponent/opponents ability to hear the sound of contact and even the bounce in some extreme cases

Leave a comment:

• jthb1021
    replied
    Paul thank you for your work on these articles! I have enjoyed them and taken a lot away from them over the last few months. I'm still enjoying and reaping the benefits of the "ball watching" or contact point focused hitting of your article months back.

Leave a comment:

• doctorhl
    replied
    Great insight and looking forward to the follow up article(s). Enjoyed the accompanying video clip showing Federer in the rising part of his split step before the opponent’s ball strike, not at or after.

Leave a comment:

• johnyandell
    started a topic The Tennis Brain

The Tennis Brain

Let's get your thoughts on Paul Hamori's article, "The Tennis Brain"

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7873 users online. 9 members and 7864 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X