Tsitsipas BH!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsitsipas BH!

Would love to know what you think about the footage in the High Speed Archives!

I love his backhand aestetically, but it did not hold up well vs Alcaraz's backhand when they played in Miami. His winners to errors ratio vs Alcaraz's numbers off that wing was the biggest difference in the match.

Comment

Seems to me that the Tsitsipas backhand has excellent mechanics. I agree that it did not hold up against Alcaraz, but only because Tsitsipas was hitting it way too short, particularly the topspin. I know it's difficult off a powerful incoming shot, but that's what he needs in my opinion - more depth. (Although in addition, I have a slight worry about his elbow, which if not tip top, will cause big problems on the backhand.)

Comment

Originally posted by glacierguy View Post
        Seems to me that the Tsitsipas backhand has excellent mechanics. I agree that it did not hold up against Alcaraz, but only because Tsitsipas was hitting it way too short, particularly the topspin. I know it's difficult off a powerful incoming shot, but that's what he needs in my opinion - more depth. (Although in addition, I have a slight worry about his elbow, which if not tip top, will cause big problems on the backhand.)
        I don't believe Stef has played his A game since surgery in December. Perhaps I'm letting my imagination rule over my eyes but -- not quite 100%.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 6862 users online. 1 members and 6861 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X