Stuttgart - Emma Meets Iga Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuttgart - Emma Meets Iga Again

In a reprise of their junior meeting at Wimbledon in 2018, where Iga Swiatek beet Emma Raducanu love and one, Iga won in straight sets today 6-4, 6-4.

But Emma acquitted herself better than the straight sets might indicate, breaking back in the second set, and taking Iga to deuce when she was serving for the match.

Although Emma is a 'Slam champion, she had NEVER played a top 10 player before. Her record on the year is 3-6, and she's ranked 12th in the world.

Iga has now won 21 straight matches incl titles in Doha, Indian Wells and Miami.

WTA pre
    From the stats that matter to the words from the competitors, WTA Insider has everything you need to know ahead of Friday's marquee match between World No.1 Iga Swiatek and US Open champion Emma Raducanu at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix.

"Iga had been playing tennis full time for years before," Raducanu told WTA Insider after her second-round win over Tamara Korpatsch. "She was on the ITF Tour, she was on the WTA Tour. I hadn't played for 18 months, was sitting for my exams, and didn't really play that many tournaments or trained very much. I was training like three times a week for 10 hours a week last year. So right now it's about building robustness for sure, playing matches week in and week out.

"You can't really compare the journeys because we've had different pathways. Since she won the Slam she's done extremely well and remained consistent. I'm not sure when that will happen for me, but I'm sure I'll get there."

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 5586 users online. 1 members and 5585 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
X