Barcelona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barcelona

Quarters in Barcelona, Alcaraz makes a statement. 41 winners, 27 off his forehand.

Originally posted by stroke View Post
    Quarters in Barcelona, Alcaraz makes a statement. 41 winners, 27 off his forehand.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/K7cwVVHGhQzZYPfU6
    I missed it but it seemed like an exciting game according jimlosaltos....and just about everyone else I spoke to.

The great thing about Alcaraz is he is explosive, exciting. He is unlike all other Spaniards in that he throws caution to the wind and bases his game on hitting more winners than errors...and, boy, can he move.
    Stotty

Comment

Carlos is the future, along with Sinner. Carlos has so much game. I cannot hardly believe it but at age 18, he does everything better than an 18 year old Nadal to me, except the forehand, which is saying a lot, as to me, Carlos already has the 3rd best forehand in tennisto me behind Nadal and Fed.

This FO is on tap to be a great one. Carlos at 18 certainly in the to 4 contenders, and Nadal is still the oddsmakers favorite.
      Last edited by stroke; 04-24-2022, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
        Carlos is the future, along with Sinner. Carlos has so much game. I cannot hardly believe it but at age 18, he does everything better than an 18 year old Nadal to me, except the forehand, which is saying a lot, as to me, Carlos already has the 3rd best forehand in tennisto me behind Nadal and Fed.

This FO is on tap to be a great one. Carlos at 18 certainly in the to 4 contenders, and Nadal is still the oddsmakers favorite.
        Interesting post. Lot's of players do many things better than Rafa other than the forehand. Makes you realise that the forehand is the most important shot in the game by quite a margin.
        Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post

Interesting post. Lot's of players do many things better than Rafa other than the forehand. Makes you realise that the forehand is the most important shot in the game by quite a margin.
          So true, they do it differently. Nadal forehand a bit of an Ali/Larry Holmes type world class jab. Just wearing them down. Carlos a bit of a straight right. Feeling the pain, a lot of winners.

That being said, Sock is the poster child for the forehand not being enough stand alone.
          Last edited by stroke; 04-25-2022, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3472 users online. 3 members and 3469 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X