Federer to Play Basel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federer to Play Basel

ATP: "Roger Federer will seek an 11th title at the Swiss Indoors Basel this year, with the five-time ATP year-end No. 1 confirming on Tuesday that he will play at the ATP 500 event to be held from 24-30 October"

And that to the Laver Cup, at The O2 in London from 23-25 September, which Fed will be playing in.

Is that the start of a late career comeback, or a sign off?

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post
    ATP: "Roger Federer will seek an 11th title at the Swiss Indoors Basel this year, with the five-time ATP year-end No. 1 confirming on Tuesday that he will play at the ATP 500 event to be held from 24-30 October"

And that to the Laver Cup, at The O2 in London from 23-25 September, which Fed will be playing in.

Is that the start of a late career comeback, or a sign off?

https://www.atptour.com/en/news/fede...lay-basel-2022
    Shame he won't be able to play SW19 this year. I was rather hoping it would be his swan song.
    Stotty

Comment

Thought I might go to Laver Cup in London, but ticket prices are steep! 5 session tickets (3 day, 2 night) in good position (but nowhere near the best) are GBP2,000. Yes, two thousand pounds. For a pseudo-competitive, kind of exhibition??? I'll stick to Wimbledon thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by glacierguy View Post
        Thought I might go to Laver Cup in London, but ticket prices are steep! 5 session tickets (3 day, 2 night) in good position (but nowhere near the best) are GBP2,000. Yes, two thousand pounds. For a pseudo-competitive, kind of exhibition??? I'll stick to Wimbledon thanks.
        Yup. I went to the Laver Cup in Chicago. It was great. But, yes expensive.

But it nearly sold out Chicago's largest indoor sports arena, and with the promise of Fed's possibly-final year, in London? Likely to again.

Comment

Internet rumor via mother of former WTA player:. Make of it what you will.

"LATEST UPDATE ABOUT ROGER: Apologies for not giving you the update about yesterday. Roger is in Dubai training very hard and his knee is still fine so far. His MRI is still due for the end of May. However he is yet to decide when he is going to play his first tournament.'

Comment

June 9:

Roger Federer: "I will no longer play 20 tournaments per season, so the schedule will be much more manageable. I know my children will be very happy to go back to some places in the world, like London or Miami." (way
            @WeAreTennis
            |
            @Blickch

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7961 users online. 5 members and 7956 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X