Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interactive Forum June 2022: Carlos Alcaraz Backhand

Carlos Alcaraz Backhand

Last month we looked at Carlos’s forehand and it got an amazing number of views—over 1500. (Click Here.) This month here is his backhand. It’s not the same weapon and not as flashy. But it is so solid. Compare it Berrettini’s from April! (Click Here.)

John -

I must say, the quality of these Alcaraz videos is phenomenal

Sean
    Last edited by seano; 06-02-2022, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seano View Post
      John -

I must say, the quality of these Alcaraz videos is phenomenal

Sean
      What camera was used for these? These clips are gorgeous!

Comment

Sony RX10 Mark 4

Comment

Seano I must agree!

Comment

I'm also very impressed with how dynamic his footwork patterns are, both setting up to hit his shot but also how often the recovery steps are incorporated in the swing (when stressed wide).
            Last edited by seano; 06-02-2022, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Might as well share a photo of his backhand. This is a tighter crop from the TPN Tour Portrait. Photo from semifinal vs Rafa at Indian Wells.
              Tour Portrait: https://www.tennisplayer.net/members...arlos_alcaraz/

Left hand really comes over.

filedata/fetch?id=97557&d=1654284230&type=thumb
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Here's a bit different view that might be of interest to some, two takes on Alcaraz's backhand combined to give a racket-butt-view of his grips along with the perpendicular view. Seems only fair, given how many images we've shown of forehand grips <g>. This inserted image was taken literally a split second before the impact shot on the same swing.

Again, my photos of Alcaraz are from his semifinal run vs Rafa at Indian Wells, all copyright jfawcette

filedata/fetch?id=97568&d=1654287470&type=thumb
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                Last edited by jimlosaltos; 06-03-2022, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Perfect grip. Very mild backhand on bottom and eastern on top.

Comment

I was struck by the slice which looked almost classic with the racquet dropping but, at least in SLO-MO, the tip does not seem to point straight to the ground and it rises after contact, more like say, Becker than Federer.

The two handed is beautiful. Straight-bent, like Djokevic and most of the modern male players.

Comment

What do you say about this other than this backhand is about as close to perfect as it gets right? The quality of this video helps make it look even more divine!

Comment

Have to agree...

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8064 users online. 7 members and 8057 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                        X