Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libema Open

https://lastwordonsports.com/tennis/...t-libema-open/

Van Ruthoven is playing FAA and won the 1st set, now down a break in the 2nd. He has a beautiful rhythmic service motion, pretty one handed backhand, just a nice looking game, yet 25 years old and ranked 205 in the world.

Originally posted by stroke View Post

Van Ruthoven is playing FAA and won the 1st set, now down a break in the 2nd. He has a beautiful rhythmic service motion, pretty one handed backhand, just a nice looking game, yet 25 years old and ranked 205 in the world.
    Another Singleton ! Awesome. There is hope for style and soul in pro tennis, after all

Comment

He Won ! Just read that he had only played one ATP level event previously and had lost that.

Next, Medy in the finals.

Some grass stains on his resume: From his ATP Profile: Former World No. 13 junior reached 2014 Wimbledon boys’ singles QF by defeating future ATP No. 5 Rublev, as well as 2014 Wimbledon boys’ doubles SF w/Nakagawa.

Comment

Van Ruthoven has a very pretty classic type game. His backhand, particularly his slice, reminds me of the gold standard Fed.

Comment

Van is the man winning 1st set vs Meddy and looking so smooth, simply looking like the better tennis player.

Comment

Van up 3-0 in 2nd set, simply looking the better player than #1 Meddy in all phases of the game. Very interested to see if he can get the horse to the barn, as a poster here used to say.

Comment

Van, #205 in the world, masterclass performance, up 5-0 in the 2nd set. Mens tennis seems to have a lot of depth.

Comment

Van, #205 in the world, masterclass performance, up 5-0 in the 2nd set. Mens tennis seems to have a lot of depth.
                Amazing win. He's so talented and great to watch...quite Federeresque at times
                Stotty

Comment

Such a performance by Van, his game so easy on the eye. Van seems like such a likeable guy, quite the contrast to someone like Nick yesterday. Beautiful game and disposition out there on the court.

Comment

I haven't watched tennis this AM, but just looked up the score. Van hadn't won an ATP match before, now he has a title?

Straight sets over world number 1 (to be again shortly)? Medvedev, who has a very good serve, only won 56% before his first?

Whoa ! ?

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post
                      I haven't watched tennis this AM, but just looked up the score. Van hadn't won an ATP match before, now he has a title?

Straight sets over world number 1 (to be again shortly)? Medvedev, who has a very good serve, only won 56% before his first?

Whoa ! ?
                      Try to find a replay Jim. Van is silky smooth.

Comment

Thanks.

In case anyone else wonders as I do, there an 8 minute YT highlights vid

Comment

Thanks.

In case anyone else wonders as I do, there an 8 minute YT highlights vid
                          https://youtu.be/Ih3CZnZ75As
                          Thanks for the youtube, fun to watch. He's a big unit, and seemed to have a lot of time on the ball. Hope he's at Wimbledon.

Comment

Originally posted by glacierguy View Post

...and seemed to have a lot of time on the ball.
                            Well spotted. I thought the same.

Stotty

Comment

Another Singleton ! Awesome. There is hope for style and soul in pro tennis, after all
                              I was just thinking that Shapo, Thiem and Tsitsipas are fading a bit. It wasn't long ago we had 5 or so in the top 20. Then this guy shows up on our radar.

Singleton's are interesting to watch because they look so different. His use of slice is dare I say, Bartyesque.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 9168 users online. 7 members and 9161 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X