BOSS aka Stuttgart and Return of Matteo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSS aka Stuttgart and Return of Matteo

I swear this, and Murray's play in particular, was covered somewhere here but I can't find it so.... this new topic.

Matteo Berrettini just returned from a wrist injury to win a grass title. That's a relief for fans of last year's Wimby finalist.

Sir Andy had a great event, beating Tsitsipas & Kyrgios, two very good servers, in four straight sets. But today Matteo won 81% of his first serves. Andy did get 1 break and take it to 3 sets, but great to see Matteo in form, wrists being tricky things.

ATP article:

Just searched, Matteo had surgery, so doubly relived I'm sure.

The Wimbledon Laver Cup is going to do Matteo no favors.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
      The Wimbledon Laver Cup is going to do Matteo no favors.
      If Matteo wins, he's a 'Slam champ -- points no points.

Not to mention a deca-millionaire

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post

If Matteo wins, he's a 'Slam champ -- points no points.

Not to mention a deca-millionaire
        Copy that, Matteo, the Boss, is good to go

Comment

I

Matteo Berrettini just returned from a wrist injury to win a grass title. That's a relief for fans of last year's Wimby finalist.
          Is it just me or do players with a two handed backhand seem to get more wrist injuries? I don't remember hearing about wrist injuries with one handers in the past. Of course, there are a lot fewer players with one handed backhands so that might be just due to how many more two handers there are these days.

Comment

Originally posted by arturohernandez View Post

Is it just me or do players with a two handed backhand seem to get more wrist injuries? I don't remember hearing about wrist injuries with one handers in the past. Of course, there are a lot fewer players with one handed backhands so that might be just due to how many more two handers there are these days.
            I've been saying that for years. I remember Andy Murray losing basically a year to a wrist injury, early in his career.

One-handers seem to have far fewer. I do recall Boris Becker breaking a bone in his wrist hitting a backhand -- but then he hit his pretty hard.

Comment

I've been saying that for years. I remember Andy Murray losing basically a year to a wrist injury, early in his career.

One-handers seem to have far fewer. I do recall Boris Becker breaking a bone in his wrist hitting a backhand -- but then he hit his pretty hard.
              Agassi also had a wrist injury. Tsitipas had his elbow but not the wrist. I know that is only two people but I think there is something unnatural about the two handed backhand.

I just took a lesson with a former college and pro player in Spain. He hits one handers in his lessons now after, yes you guessed it, a wrist injury.

The pro's one hander is pretty good. I asked him if he had switched. At that point he started hitting two handers. They seemed unnatural and he had to move a lot to get them back. His one hander seemed more natural to me in some way even though it was not the shot he used when he was younger.

Do you know of anyone that has looked at what happens with age? Do two handers eventually switch over to one hand as they get older?
              Last edited by arturohernandez; 06-23-2022, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8027 users online. 3 members and 8024 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
              X