nice article on Stan Wawrinka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice article on Stan Wawrinka

The Players' Tribune: One Last Chapter by Stan Wawrinka | The Players’ Tribune.
    I did not know if I would ever make it back. But I loved tennis too much not to try.

It's almost like romance. The longing, pain, suffering, the work and then finally the payoff. So interesting to see how complicated it is from the inside. I tell people the story about Wawrinka shaking in the locker room before his final at the US Open. Then, he goes out and wins.

I really like the part about making himself tired. He doesn't fight the fatigue but he actually lets himself relax. Stop fighting the demons and just play each point.

He might be one of the most clutch players in this generation. There are others that are better everyday and have won more slams. But Stan is the ultimate big match player.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by arturohernandez View Post
      It's almost like romance. The longing, pain, suffering, the work and then finally the payoff. So interesting to see how complicated it is from the inside. I tell people the story about Wawrinka shaking in the locker room before his final at the US Open. Then, he goes out and wins.

I really like the part about making himself tired. He doesn't fight the fatigue but he actually lets himself relax. Stop fighting the demons and just play each point.

He might be one of the most clutch players in this generation. There are others that are better everyday and have won more slams. But Stan is the ultimate big match player.

Thanks for sharing!
      Just the fact that he won 3 Slams(and 1 Master's 1000) is impressive in the era of the 3 great ones.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

Just the fact that he won 3 Slams(and 1 Master's 1000) is impressive in the era of the 3 great ones.
        I agree. Stan & Murray deserve a lot of respect for winning their majors in their era - each beating one or two near-peak GOATS to win. Enjoyed the article too. Go Stan!

Comment

For all the lavish men in our lives, these Silk Maison pajamas are made with 100% mulberry silk that feels cool on the skin. The matching set has color-contrasting piping, adding an elevated touch to everyday sleepwear https://www.brides.com/cover-story-c...-story-5204969.
          Last edited by onielrickler; 07-01-2022, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7725 users online. 6 members and 7719 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X