Swiss Open 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss Open 2022

Dominic Thiem starting to put together some wins recently, just won his first two matches at the Swiss against Gaston and Delbonis, winning tough tie-breaks in each. His serve, and backhand looking like old times, forehand not so much! But very encouraging after such a rough initial comeback.

Thiem into semis vs Berrettini tomorrow, It's on clay, good chance to measure progress.

Comment

I see Thiem is not even seeded...ranked 274 in the world.
      Stotty

Comment

Ah, Thiem lost 1&4. But played some great backhands, and serve nearly there. Enough encouragement to keep going I hope. Would be great to have him back.

Comment

Originally posted by glacierguy View Post
          Ah, Thiem lost 1&4. But played some great backhands, and serve nearly there. Enough encouragement to keep going I hope. Would be great to have him back.
          How was Thiem's forehand? He complained about being tentative and off on that side so far in his come back and Andy Murray echoed how that was a hard part of his comeback (Recall, Andy lost a year to his own wrist injury way back). Murray said getting confidence and timing on his forehand was very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post

How was Thiem's forehand? He complained about being tentative and off on that side so far in his come back and Andy Murray echoed how that was a hard part of his comeback (Recall, Andy lost a year to his own wrist injury way back). Murray said getting confidence and timing on his forehand was very difficult.

His forehand must be frustrating for him. He could hit 5 solid then miss the 6th. And on return he could balloon 3 in a row way long. He's just missing the mental certainty that he's going to make the shot. Right now, I think every time he shapes for a forehand there's a doubt in his head. But he's made a lot of progress, and he's done it before, so I'm hopeful for him.

Comment

His forehand must be frustrating for him. He could hit 5 solid then miss the 6th. And on return he could balloon 3 in a row way long. He's just missing the mental certainty that he's going to make the shot. Right now, I think every time he shapes for a forehand there's a doubt in his head. But he's made a lot of progress, and he's done it before, so I'm hopeful for him.
              Thanks for update. That's what I believe Andy Murray said he went through as well after his wrist injury.

Would be great to have Thiem back.

Comment

Not worth new thread, but Dominic Thiem just had his best win since 2020, beating Hurkacz 3-6,7-6,7-6 in Antwerp, and saving 3 match points in second set. His forehand looked solid, and he hit some scorching backhands. I think he is nearly back.

Comment

Not worth new thread, but Dominic Thiem just had his best win since 2020, beating Hurkacz 3-6,7-6,7-6 in Antwerp, and saving 3 match points in second set. His forehand looked solid, and he hit some scorching backhands. I think he is nearly back.
                  Thanks for the report. Post Big 3 ATP could certainly use m

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8085 users online. 1 members and 8084 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                  X