Hamburg ATP 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamburg ATP 500

Quite the final going on Alcaraz vs Musetti. Musetti won 1st set 6-4, and appeared to be the better player well into the 2nd. Carlos really kept fighting, as is his way. Musetti serving for the match at 5-4, on a key point, Carlos hits a drop shot that double bounced(confirmed by replay), but umpire missed the call and Musetti won the point. Carlos protested rightfully so to no avail. Musetti, who surely knee what he had done, did not do the right thing and took the point. I do not think Alcaraz would have done that. Carlos keeps fighting and got the break, got into a tiebreaker, and saved 3 match points before winning the tiebreaker. Justice was served. The are in a 3rd set now.

Surprise upset on clay.
    Some good highlights in the ATP summary

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
      Quite the final going on Alcaraz vs Musetti. Musetti won 1st set 6-4, and appeared to be the better player well into the 2nd. Carlos really kept fighting, as is his way. Musetti serving for the match at 5-4, on a key point, Carlos hits a drop shot that double bounced(confirmed by replay), but umpire missed the call and Musetti won the point. Carlos protested rightfully so to no avail. Musetti, who surely knee what he had done, did not do the right thing and took the point. I do not think Alcaraz would have done that. Carlos keeps fighting and got the break, got into a tiebreaker, and saved 3 match points before winning the tiebreaker. Justice was served. The are in a 3rd set now.
      Highlights look phenomenal. Musetti’s backhand reminds me of Gasquet. Great final!

Comment

Originally posted by arturohernandez View Post

Highlights look phenomenal. Musetti’s backhand reminds me of Gasquet. Great final!
        Level of play was extraordinary -- if a bit uneven.

For your entertainment, real time tweets were filled with "Musetti's going to have psychological scars forever after blowing those 5 champsionship points". Actually, lasted about 5 minutes, then he won the third set <g>.

No grinderball in that match. Those two playing each other redefine "Full Court" tennis to mean "from the exit to the locker room to the opposite net post".

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7645 users online. 7 members and 7638 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X