Umag ATP 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umag ATP 250

Quite the final going on right now with to me the best 2 best (non big 3) players in tennis, Alcaraz vs Sinner. Just unbelievably high quality tennis.
    Last edited by stroke; 07-31-2022, 11:49 AM.

Thanks...I have just checked in to the match.
    Stotty

Comment

The 1st set was stunning. The 2nd, Sinner got and early break and Alcaraz faded. Certainly more Novak rope-a-dope than Nadal never give an inch. 3rd set should be something.

Comment

4-1 in the third to Sinner

Sinner hitting the ball at a ferocious pace. Just goes to show tennis is all timing and technique. Sinner is nothing like the specimen Alcaraz is yet he can crack the ball just as hard...if not harder.
        Stotty

Comment

Great match by Sinner. Alcaraz simply had no answers in the end.
          Stotty

Comment

Sinner, to me, has that Fed like effortless overwhelming game, at his best. Just stunning display by Sinner. At his best, that is what he looks like. Copy ferocious pace.

Comment

Sinner has always had that "easy power" on his ground strokes but what surprises me is how much he's improved his service in the past year.

Alcaraz is a very good returner yet could do much with Jannik's serve in the last set-and-a-half.

Hats off to https://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...82282-doctorhl doctorhl who praised Sinner's work on his service motion a year or so back. I was skeptical. Shouldn't have been

Comment

Alcaraz looked stumped and didn't know what to do to combat Sinner...much like Rafa looked against Novak when he'd lost to something like seven times in a row in a pivotal phase of their careers. Ironic since Alcaraz is the clear heir to Rafa, and Sinner the clear heir to Novak. It could feel like history repeating itself very soon. I like them both by the way. A couple of real pros who seem like decent people as well.
                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7779 users online. 5 members and 7774 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                X