Interesting tennis Training Aid, maybe for BG type 3 forehand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting tennis Training Aid, maybe for BG type 3 forehand

This guy using a product called "snappy wrist". I have not tried it but find it interesting. I am thinking it could be useful, particularly that 1st click, as a training aid. This pro demonstrating points out one needs to delay that 1st click as long as possible. That seems correct, in fact I remember that BG stated the very best ATP Type 3 forehands delay the "transition point" the latest in the swing. I am thinking this click could be in line with that.

Seems a really novel idea. I guess the only way to ensure it works is to buy it and try it.
    Stotty

Comment

Good video. I think that would help.

Comment

The video says that it works for the one handed backhand slice and topspin. I have been trying to think of an aid to get my daughter to roll her wrist over rather than hit flat. Not sure that this would work for that purpose.

Looks great for the forehand and at 20 bucks it is cheaper than most aids.

Comment

Originally posted by arturohernandez View Post
          The video says that it works for the one handed backhand slice and topspin. I have been trying to think of an aid to get my daughter to roll her wrist over rather than hit flat. Not sure that this would work for that purpose.

Looks great for the forehand and at 20 bucks it is cheaper than most aids.
          Personally, I cannot see it being an aid for the one handed topspin backhand. I can for the slice backhand and backhand volley. Initiating the click, putting the wrist in a cocked position, would be helpful to me it seems, as that is a stronger hitting position. A lot of folks do not do that.

Comment

I just received this item and have tried it out. I do think it is a helpful aid for the type 3 forehand training. As soon as you extend your wrist at all you hear the click. In order to delay the click as much as possible before striking the ball, you have to maintain a completely neutral relaxed wrist. I think Roger would have the click occurring just before contact ha.

I think it could be helpful on the serve for pretty much the same reason. In fact, the included instructions regarding the serve, has a still shot of Riger as an example of the proper wrist position. Good example.
            Last edited by stroke; 09-20-2022, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8692 users online. 8 members and 8684 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X