Turin aka ATP Tour Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stroke View Post
    Well, all I have to say about the Novak vs Stef match is it the best straight set win match I have ever seen. Novak just seems to have no problem showing all these players they will never be as good as he was, which to me is beyond obvious. These are the hard numbers, if anyone is interested.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2upr2iF11iWni13t8
    So, 1 break, one mini-break.

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post

So, 1 break, one mini-break.
      Seems like a small margin when looked at in that context. Yet it was a match Stef never even looked close to winning...not to me at least.
      Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post

I only caught the second set but it was really impressive. The bottom line was Novak missed nothing he wasn't supposed to. He played close to perfect.
        I thought the same thing. If it was not perfect, it is the closest to perfect that I have seen. Stef played great, volleyed very well, but he was just not perfect. To show what he was up against, at one point in the match. Stef his a great drop shot. Novak, who seems to have not lost a step, got to it, which in itself was very impressive. What he did with it was more impressive. On a very close to the net low continental forehand, he hit an highest level cross court feel forehand that Stef had absolutely no play on.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

I thought the same thing. If it was not perfect, it is the closest to perfect that I have seen. Stef played great, volleyed very well, but he was just not perfect. To show what he was up against, at one point in the match. Stef his a great drop shot. Novak, who seems to have not lost a step, got to it, which in itself was very impressive. What he did with it was more impressive. On a very close to the net low continental forehand, he hit an highest level cross court feel forehand that Stef had absolutely no play on.
          Didn't see it but can well imagine him doing that. One thing my son noticed is that Novak never goes anywhere on that particular shot...sharp angle cross court. He just plays it so well few opponents seldom get to it.
          Stotty

Comment

FAA takes 1st set vs Nadal. Nadal just looks labored to me, particularly when moving side to side when forced to retrieve.

Comment

FAA wins in two. The outcome did not see in doubt in 2nd set. FAA is not good at volleying at all.

Comment

When was the last time Nadal lost four (4) matches in a row?

UPDATE: Tennis now says "Nadal has lost four matches in succession for the first time since 2009."

L - FAA
                > Turin
                L - Frtiz
                L- Tommy Paul/ Paris
                L - Tiafoe / USO
                Last edited by jimlosaltos; 11-15-2022, 10:35 AM.

Comment

When was the last time Nadal lost four (4) matches in a row?

UPDATE: Tennis now says "Nadal has lost four matches in succession for the first time since 2009."

L - FAA
                  > Turin
                  L - Frtiz
                  L- Tommy Paul/ Paris
                  L - Tiafoe / USO
                  I am thinking a first.

Comment

Smallest of margains, Ruud vs Fritz.

Comment

The stupidity(to me) is over.

Comment

Clinical 1st set, Novak wins set 6-4 with one break. Novak had 11 winners and 4 errors.

Comment

Novak in full Boa Constrictor mode in routining Rublev, who seemed to realize he had no real chance against a simply better player.

Comment

Tsitspas over Medy was awesome.
                            24 pt tiebreaker.
                            Octopus served for match and lost Over one hour between Tsisi's first match point and his last.
                            Fans of S&V? Won't see much better than Stef,'s wide slice tonight.

Comment

Tsitspas over Medy was awesome.
                              24 pt tiebreaker.
                              Octopus served for match and lost Over one hour between Tsisi's first match point and his last.
                              Fans of S&V? Won't see much better than Stef,'s wide slice tonight.
                              I saw it. Quite the battle. Tsitsipas looked way more comfortable with proceedings than Medvedev, and he looked like the better tennis player. If I had to bet, Medvedev will not get back to number 1. Tsitsipas definitely made a big impact on the match with a lot of s and v tennis. And 24 forehand winners. Such a bigger forehand than Medvedev.
                              Last edited by stroke; 11-17-2022, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Today, Nadal looks primed to lose his 5th straight match vs Ruud. We will see. The down the line to the Nadal forehand, a difficult shot no doubt, has turned into an almost automatic point to me with Nadal's labored movement. Fritz vs FAA should be quite the battle. I am picking Fritz.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2395 users online. 8 members and 2387 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X