• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Myth of the Message Board

Would love to discuss my latest, "The Myth of the Message Board"

Excited for the side-by-side webinar!

Comment

Well, that was certainly an amusing read.

I have visited various forums over the years but seldom stayed in any of them for long. Around 90% or more of the conversation is garbage. You do get a small percentage however who are knowledgeable and they tend to gravitate and find each other pretty quickly - sometimes good conversations can develop. What I dislike most about these forums is the drowning out effect. You write a decent post which then gets swamped by buffoons going off piste. In the end you give up...

Stotty

Comment

John I couldn’t find a place to comment on your Federer forehand topic for this month so I’ll do it here. Really enjoyed the article. It is interesting how many different variations he has in his technique. I particularly liked the section about different pros head positions and when they get their head still and for how long etc. Crazy that even that has a wide range of acceptability. I remember watching Andy Murray from about 25 feet away at the Citi open (in DC) and it amazed me that literally every time he hit a forehand, at the moment of contact his face was always aligned to the center of the court and his eyes were also looking to the center of the court. Quick thought on Fed, it’s hard to imagine he wouldn’t have double digit slams if he had always done any other head position during the contact phase. That’s not to say that it isn’t helpful to him. Thanks again for the article.

Comment

Thanks! And good points...

Comment

As a sidebar to “The Myth of the Message Board” feature, which, once again, shows that you are a “Truth Teller...” I find that the television commentary provided by “former tour stars” is clich? ridden and at best insipid...It is almost, as if they became elite performers, without an in-depth understanding of the overall process other than “I was committed...I worked hard...”

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7904 users online. 7 members and 7897 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X