Laver Cup Vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laver Cup Vancouver

Sigh. Laver Cup is using Ticket Master. PROHIBITING any resale on other sites and dictating that resale can't be at less than or more than 10% of "face value".

Also prohibiting all "stand alone cameras".

And, the "presale" of series tickets is not surprisingly approaching Taylor Swift debacle-dom.

filedata/fetch?id=99899&d=1677609886&type=thumb
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by jimlosaltos; 02-28-2023, 10:51 AM.

No words

Comment

As a Tennis BC member (required for NTRP tournament play in British Columbia), I had advance access and after navigating the very cumbersome TicketMaster system I did finally snag myself a single seat ticket...but it was very hard to find a decent single seat (most are sold in mandatory pairs) ticket that wasn't in the super-expensive zones.

Comment

Originally posted by hybridfh View Post
        As a Tennis BC member (required for NTRP tournament play in British Columbia), I had advance access and after navigating the very cumbersome TicketMaster system I did finally snag myself a single seat ticket...but it was very hard to find a decent single seat (most are sold in mandatory pairs) ticket that wasn't in the super-expensive zones.
        I'm envious of your seat yet glad I didn't wait it out. I'm sure if I'm watching you on TV in September, I'll regret not hanging on to my place in the queue <g>

Ticketmaster is an example of many of the downsides of a monopoly -- given no incentive to invest in their product, it has the absolutely worst ticket software in this market. Ticketmaster can't lose customers because Live Nation's deals control entire convention spaces/ stadiums. An entertainer, whether it is Taylor Swift of the Laver Cup has to literally change cities to avoid them.

It's astonishing that Live Nation was found to break monopoly laws, put in "surveillance" by the DoJ, that period extended and ... all that's changed is that they've gotten more abusive. Laver Cup staff literally answered an email complaining about Ticketmaster terms with "We had no choice. They're the official vendor the Rogers (stadium )". That's pretty much the monopoly case against Live Nation.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2597 users online. 12 members and 2585 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X