Novak out of Indian Wells and Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novak out of Indian Wells and Miami

Well, it is certainly good news that on May 11, Covid is no longer an issue. It is unfortunate the "science " did not dictate a mid March no longer a problem with Covid proclamation.

At least Djokovic didn't wait until after the draw to withdraw this time, putting a lucky loser in the Home slot and messing up the entire draw

Comment

Maybe he could sneak in with some of the illegal immigrants, who are unvaccinated, and no one cares about that.

Comment

The "break" will 100% help him in the long run ... every match his age is another car crash and this recovery time will prove later to be a god-send ...

Comment

Originally posted by tenniscoach1 View Post
          The "break" will 100% help him in the long run ... every match his age is another car crash and this recovery time will prove later to be a god-send ...
          The proverbial silver lining in the cloud. The cloud being the United States of Dysfunction being unable to resolve that the crisis is over and the vaccine mandate is just plain overreach. What does Novak Djokovic need out of Indian Wells? Another tussle with Carlos Alcaraz? It is wise to avoid that until absolutely necessary. tenniscoach1 is absolutely correct about the potential car crash. A loss to Alcaraz only boosts the young upstarts confidence and give Novak a reason to doubt his sustainability. Better off to wait for the French Open to face a test of that magnitude. The less Alcaraz knows about the Djokovic game the better.

Sadly it Indian Wells loss as it will be for the Miami Open as well. No skin off Novak's back.
          don_budge
          Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post

The proverbial silver lining in the cloud. The cloud being the United States of Dysfunction being unable to resolve that the crisis is over and the vaccine mandate is just plain overreach. What does Novak Djokovic need out of Indian Wells? Another tussle with Carlos Alcaraz? It is wise to avoid that until absolutely necessary. tenniscoach1 is absolutely correct about the potential car crash. A loss to Alcaraz only boosts the young upstarts confidence and give Novak a reason to doubt his sustainability. Better off to wait for the French Open to face a test of that magnitude. The less Alcaraz knows about the Djokovic game the better.

Sadly it Indian Wells loss as it will be for the Miami Open as well. No skin off Novak's back.
            The Governor of FL, Ron DeSantis, has written a letter to Biden making his case for Novak to be let in the US for economic reasons, to the benefit of the Miami Open. Obviously, his reasoning is also Novak is no health risk to the country. DeSantis is a Republican of course. I have not seen the betting odds on woke Biden granting DeSantis' request, but I would say he is not the favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

The Governor of FL, Ron DeSantis, has written a letter to Biden making his case for Novak to be let in the US for economic reasons, to the benefit of the Miami Open. Obviously, his reasoning is also Novak is no health risk to the country. DeSantis is a Republican of course. I have not seen the betting odds on woke Biden granting DeSantis' request, but I would say he is not the favorite.
              That's right stroke. More than a pandemic we have a political football. Who knows? Perhaps the virus was manufactured to encourage mail in voting and thus making an election child's play to steal. I'm almost willing to bet it wasn't China that manufactured it either. That is too easy of a cover story. Too convenient of a scapegoat. Elections are stolen all over the world. Our very own C. I. A. has the reputation of being very, very accomplished in the fine art of stealing elections. Why leave things to chance when you can install a puppet? Even now there are rumblings about the supposed "January 6" insurrection. Tucker Carlson goes on air and completely obliterated the narrative on Monday night. Then you had Chuck Schumer take to the floor on the US Senate and implore Rupert Murdoch to make him stop...yammering on about saving our Democracy. What democracy? Wouldn't you know it...Tucker was halted in his tracks when he was all set to go on again Tuesday with the expose. Chuck Schumer also famously warned then President Trump..."the intelligence communities have six ways on Sunday to get back at you". One of those six ways on any given Sunday is the stolen election. Get it? That Chuckie Schumer has turned out to be some kind of prophet...not one of the good kind either.

So it is a political football and politics being what they are today...things are very, very toxic. The Covid fiasco never more so up and in your face. The sight of Dementia in Chief Biden imploring the citizenry to "get your vaccination" and all of its varients and boosters was enough to make me puke. So there is the overall picture. Usher in Covid...usher in Biden. Puke worthy. So zero chance of "Novax" Djokovic getting a second chance from this administration. He has become the political football to get kicked around wherever the opportunity is present and available.

As a disclaimer...none of what I say is the gospel. Information is so sketchy these days that only the incredibly discerning person is able to narrow it down to a half dozen plausible scenarios. But anybody taking the Mainstream narrative at face value is in for a rude awakening somewhere down the line. Maybe. Even Tucker Carlson has found out that "telling the truth in times of mass deception is a revolutionary act". Quote courtesy of George Orwell from "1984". Remember when I was preaching Orwell some dozen years ago and now everyone is doing it? Out ahead of the curve.

But tenniscoach1 is spot on as this is an ideal place for Novak to cool it for a spell. Spend some time with the family. It's a blessing in disguise. He can catch up with the tour when he does. Like Federer in his waning playing days Novak will measure every step...eeking out every last ounce of energy and zeal from his "aging" body. He only needs to tune it up shortly before an event. No need for dress rehearsals. Once he gets a round or two under his belt he is good to go. Into the fray.
              don_budge
              Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Oh yes, this is not important to Novak obviously. He is the unquestioned king of Master's 1000's. Almost unbelievable his accomplishments there, which are to me nearly as impressive as his Majors accomplishments. He has won them all twice, as we know, and no other player has even won them all once. All he cares about really is Majors now, and who could possibly blame him. Federer was a physical marvel at 35 years old. Novak turns 36 in May. It seems he has lost even less physically at this age than even Fed had. It is just the absolute absurdity of this Covid policies that irritate me. Anyway, he really wants the FO. It should be very interesting.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2577 users online. 7 members and 2570 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                X