No announcement yet.

BNP Paribas Open aka Indian Wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlos clinches the first set. It was tight but you feel Carlos has a lot more game than Meddy. He's so quick...like a real sprinter. He could run away with the match if he finds an explosive run. When he finds his best he's just so good.
    Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by stotty View Post
      Carlos clinches the first set. It was tight but you feel Carlos has a lot more game than Meddy. He's so quick...like a real sprinter. He could run away with the match if he finds an explosive run. When he finds his best he's just so good.
      No doubt, Carlos is definitely the better tennis player of the 2.

Comment

4-1

Well he found that explosive run I thought he might. The bloke is absolutely deadly when he finds it....quite spectacular. I have never seen anyone move like Carlos for sheer explosive speed. He's just amazing to watch.
        Stotty

Comment

7-6 6-1

Carlos head and shoulders above Meddy in the end. How lucky we are to have him (and Sinner) as the big three are bowing out...awesome.
          Stotty

Comment

4-1

Well he found that explosive run I thought he might. The bloke is absolutely deadly when he finds it....quite spectacular. I have never seen anyone move like Carlos for sheer explosive speed. He's just amazing to watch.
            Sinner and demon are top shelf movers. Carlos as you say, probably the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post

Sinner and demon are top shelf movers. Carlos as you say, probably the best ever.
              Some of the balls he repeatedly retrieved against Meddy were unreal. He literally blanketed the court and it was like Meddy couldn't get the final ball past from him for love nor money. I think Roger and Novak are smoother movers but they don't have the sheer sprinter-like speed of Carlos. I have never seen anything quite like it.
              Stotty

Comment

Some of the balls he repeatedly retrieved against Meddy were unreal. He literally blanketed the court and it was like Meddy couldn't get the final ball past from him for love nor money. I think Roger and Novak are smoother movers but they don't have the sheer sprinter-like speed of Carlos. I have never seen anything quite like it.
                Prime Roger the smoothest, Novak the best hitt8ng posture, Carlos the best mover.

Comment

[QUOTE=stroke;n103705]

Prime Roger the smoothest, Novak the best hitting posture, Carlos the best mover. I would love to know Carlos' 40 time. To me, it looks like a 4.3.

Comment

Given that Alcaraz has finally found wherever he misplaced his A game and made his first final since Cinco and gotten first title since Wimbledon, ATP/ TDI has some stats on how much his production fell in that period and how that compares to the ATP top 50. This is TDI's text via social media:

~~~~~~
                    In 2022, Alcaraz’s breakout season, he was the only player to feature in the top 5 of both the Conversion and Steal leaderboards This trend continued through to Wimbledon 2023 , but then, by Alcaraz standards, his execution in attack and defence dropped
                    At BNPPARIBASOPEN he was back in King Carlos mode, Top 5 in Conversion (3) & Steal (1)​

filedata/fetch?id=103710&d=1710888840&type=thumb

filedata/fetch?id=103711&d=1710888840&type=thumb

#
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 2 photos.
                    Last edited by jimlosaltos; 03-19-2024, 02:58 PM.

Comment

This sort of explains Tennis insights' newish stats. At least this set of them.

filedata/fetch?id=103713&d=1710889320&type=thumb
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Desert Sun: If they counted the bee swarm, they'd have broken half a million attendees !

"The tournament set a new attendance record with 493,440 during the two-week event, which ran from March 3-17. The most-attended day (40,805) and night sessions (15,483) of the tournament both took place on Saturday, March 9.

​Also set an event record with the first $50 Hamburger Really.

filedata/fetch?id=103718&d=1710951603&type=thumb
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Just for your amusement ... the subset of the bee swarm that took over Spyder Cam. Only 7 seconds at normal speed.

Supposed to be in a slow motion, but YT in its infinite wisdom decided to speed it up.

Suggest you pause, turn volume off (Crowd noise) make full screen,, and use gear icon to turn speed down to 25% and resolution to 4K (otherwise you can't see the little bees}.

Then imagine that cloud around Alcaraz, who got stung!

Joke on-site was that it was like the spider biting Spider Man -- gave Carlos back his super powers <g>

Last edited by jimlosaltos; 03-23-2024, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Shapovalov routines Tsitsipas in 2. Same for Seyboth Wild over Fritz.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4101 users online. 5 members and 4096 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                            X