No announcement yet.

Do Hitting Arm Positions Really Matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Hitting Arm Positions Really Matter?

Would love to get your thoughts on my latest article, "Do Hitting Arm Positions Really Matter?"

John, do you think the straight arm is harder to adjust for unpredictable bounces on clay or grass versus the double bend or irrelevant?

Comment

Not sure. Not a reason to go one way or the other though.

Comment

I tend to let players do what comes natural to them and don't coach straight arm or double bend. It's an avenue I never go down. I guess the straight arm has been shown to be the better of the two by Rafa and Roger, probably the two best forehands ever.

By the way I have a straight arm forehand and it's the worst shot in my entire game. So doesn't work for everyone...
        Stotty

Comment

Yeah I am with you let the player find the arm configuration...

Comment

I think it matters more on the backhand. definitely prefer straight/bent.

Comment

bobby,
              What about the women?

Comment

I totally understand that most are bent/ bent but I don’t like what that does to extension.

Comment

Good point.

Comment

This may sound odd, but the straight arm forehand cured my tennis elbow. About ten years ago, I was suffering from tennis elbow or to be more precise golfer’s elbow. I have never played golf. Anyway, I went to the physical therapist for some treatment, and the therapist recommended hitting the ball with a straight arm. I did not believe this would be helpful, however I was desperate, and I was willing to try anything. Incredibly it worked, and I have not had any elbow problems. I may have mentioned this before, but I thought it might be worth repeating.

Comment

Originally posted by ten1050 View Post
                      This may sound odd, but the straight arm forehand cured my tennis elbow. About ten years ago, I was suffering from tennis elbow or to be more precise golfer’s elbow. I have never played golf. Anyway, I went to the physical therapist for some treatment, and the therapist recommended hitting the ball with a straight arm. I did not believe this would be helpful, however I was desperate, and I was willing to try anything. Incredibly it worked, and I have not had any elbow problems. I may have mentioned this before, but I thought it might be worth repeating.
                      How did things go in Turkey? Did you go?
                      don_budge
                      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 4009 users online. 3 members and 4006 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                      X