No announcement yet.

Madrid ATP 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile, Bublik vs Sheton, too big servers, Ben's return game lets him down?

filedata/fetch?id=104133&d=1714407401&type=thumb
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Holger Rune continues a disappointing start to 2024.

Out to Tallon Griekspoor on Sunday only winning 63% of his first serve points vs 81% for Tallon. That after a very tough win over Mariano Navarro Saturday.

Anke is going to be puffing her vape pen hard.

Comment

Rafa just broke to save the second set and is 5-5 in the tiebreak.

This vs world 91 Pedro Cachin. Lot of work to do before Roland Garros, I fear.

Comment

Oh man, what a day in tennis.

Rafa serves and volleys on set point against.

Then this exchange by Medvedev (translation) where he actually mentions the illuminati on a tennis court.

Daniil Medvedev complains to the referee about the absence of the roof as it starts to rain. -

Medvedev: You're comfortable under your umbrella, we don't have one. -
          Referee: It's not me who makes the decision, it's them. -
          Medvedev: Who is “them”? The Illuminati ?

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post
            Oh man, what a day in tennis.

Rafa serves and volleys on set point against.

Then this exchange by Medvedev (translation) where he actually mentions the illuminati on a tennis court.

Daniil Medvedev complains to the referee about the absence of the roof as it starts to rain. -

Medvedev: You're comfortable under your umbrella, we don't have one. -
            Referee: It's not me who makes the decision, it's them. -
            Medvedev: Who is “them”? The Illuminati ?
            Yes, Med was at his vintage cranky at that point as Korda was having his way out there.

Comment

Almost missed 17 year old Mirra Andreeva celebrated her birthday with a win over the recently hot Paolini, coming from 5-2 down in the first set 7-6(2), 6-4
              Yesterday, she got what might be her first top 10 win over Marketa Vondursova, Wimby champ.

Her second trail match with coach Conchita Martinez, "If I lose tomorrow, she's gone. KIDDING ! " Ah, to be 17 again.

"Andreeva is the second-youngest player to reach a WTA 1000 quarterfinal since the format was introduced in 2009. Coco Gauff reached the quarterfinals at 2021 Dubai at 16 years old. Andreeva is one of just four players to have reached a WTA 1000 quarterfinal before their 18th birthday, joining Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, CiCi Bellis and Gauff."

Mirra will face number 2 and defending champ Sabalenka, who ended Dan-Yell Collin's 15 match winning streak, also coming from a set down.

Comment

Casper "Crosscourt" Ruud is changing his game. He's being more aggressive in general, but once the tour moved to clay, Ruud started going for more on his backhand and either getting outright winners or setting up his awesome forehand.

I cropped this out of a very pretty but unreadable ATP graphic. You can see, Ruud's back is: A bit flatter, more than a bit faster, bit more DTL, BUT with a bit more margin. All adds up to a bit more points.

Numbers are specific to DTL backhands by Ruud.

filedata/fetch?id=104140&d=1714431498&type=thumb

Comment

Originally posted by jimlosaltos View Post
                  Casper "Crosscourt" Ruud is changing his game. He's being more aggressive in general, but once the tour moved to clay, Ruud started going for more on his backhand and either getting outright winners or setting up his awesome forehand.

I cropped this out of a very pretty but unreadable ATP graphic. You can see, Ruud's back is: A bit flatter, more than a bit faster, bit more DTL, BUT with a bit more margin. All adds up to a bit more points.

Numbers are specific to DTL backhands by Ruud.

filedata/fetch?id=104140&d=1714431498&type=thumb
                  The margins are so small at his level, I can see how this is significant. His forehand is always going to be the backbone of his game. He is smartly trying to enhance other complimentary components.

Comment

Fritz is great form winning over Hurcatz. Taylor out served him and had the better of the groundstrokes.

Comment

Cerundolo taking it to Zverev thus far with his classic clay court game.

Comment

Alcaraz beats Struff. Alcaraz is 14-2 in Tie-Breaks in the decisive set, I read. That's astonishing.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                          Cerundolo taking it to Zverev thus far with his classic clay court game.
                          Held up. ATP: "Argentine saved both break points he faced and won 79 per cent (33/42) of his first-serve points

Comment

Stop the presses! Iga lost a set.

So, she simply heats up the oven and bakes yet another bagel.

Beatriz Haddad Maia 4-6, 6-0, 6-2

Iga is second all time in "Bagel Rate", a stat I did not know existed. But I suppose if someone counts it, it exists. Leader is Chris Evert. Iga's the green dot in your lower right corner. Already historic career but a long way to go to catch Stefi.

This graphic is from The Athletic.

filedata/fetch?id=104149&d=1714503526&type=thumb

Comment

FAA is flying high, takes out Ruud in straights.

Felix winning 24/28 at the net.

Comment

Lehecka playing really well against Rafa. He's highly motivated and can really smoke the ball.
                                Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8122 users online. 5 members and 8117 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X