Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return of serve by Djokovic

Originally posted by ralph View Post
    Just one more thought about footwork on the return. If my understanding is correct, John Yandell has recommended the neutral stance for lower balls and open stance for higher balls. If that is the case, should'nt returning follow the same guideline? Lastly, thanks to those who responded to my thread. I have purchased the Pfister video.

is interesting to compare

Comment

High Bounce/ Low Bounce Returning

In my six years of coaching women at the the small college level, I have rarely seen a good kick serve. The serves are primarily flat or are sliced. Many second serves are mild slices. Should I then be preparing them with primarily neutral stance no matter what grip they use? Personally, I get a sense after seeing some serves of what to expect in a match, especially if I have played someone several times. Lastly, I watched the Pfister tape. I like a lot his return suggestions. I am going to use his taping method.

Ralph

Comment

a neutral stance ?

Originally posted by ralph View Post
        In my six years of coaching women at the the small college level, I have rarely seen a good kick serve. The serves are primarily flat or are sliced. Many second serves are mild slices. Should I then be preparing them with primarily neutral stance no matter what grip they use? Personally, I get a sense after seeing some serves of what to expect in a match, especially if I have played someone several times. Lastly, I watched the Pfister tape. I like a lot his return suggestions. I am going to use his taping method.

Ralph
        Ralph,
        recovery AFTER return of serve should be quicker if open stance is used.
        Neutral stance probably useful for chip and charge.

The point is was trying to raise whether you players are able to choose
        between two stances when a fast ball is coming.

If E-mail is easier to talk my E-mail address below
        juliantennis@comcast.net
        Last edited by julian; 11-22-2008, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2677 users online. 1 members and 2676 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X