Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bottle View Post
    Think I'll Write This Post Two Different Ways

A. I just went to the court. The new serve worked very well, something 10splayer is too stupid to understand.

B. I just went to the court. The new serve didn't work at all, but if it had, 10splayer would be too stupid to understand. Wonder if he could return it? I doubt that.

These are the words of a fake intellectual, a tennis player out to improve his game. The real intellectuals are the ones who understand tennis, don't you know. Tennis, despite what you may hear, reader, is a complex game. And the definition of an intellectual-- from its Latin root-- is a person who is able to "hold" a lot of different knowledge in his or her mind all at once.

So, I wonder if 10splayer would be smart enough to return my new serve, the one I hit today or the one I'll hit in six months? I doubt it. He's really dumb.
    I am smart enough to understand delusional behavior.

Comment

• Oh Oh Oh. He has rapier sharp wit, too. A much more formidable adversary than I anticipated! I'll never ask him for another tennis match, that is for sure. Oh, by the way, 10splayer. You suck. And you fail at civilized discourse.

Comment

Oh Oh Oh. He has rapier sharp wit, too. A much more formidable adversary than I anticipated! I'll never ask him for another tennis match, that is for sure. Oh, by the way, 10splayer. You suck. And you fail at civilized discourse.
        Name calling. That is the extent of your arguments. It's boring and lazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 10splayer View Post

I am smart enough to understand delusional behavior.
          How is behavior delusional when somebody tries something out, and it either works or it doesn't? What is delusional about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by 10splayer View Post

Name calling. That is the extent of your arguments. It's boring and lazy.
            Wrong. Inaccurate. My argument is in # 3394 , and there is no name-calling or even anything that resembles name-calling in that post. So sorry that you had to lose this argument. You can say anything you want, but in this case simple logic is more powerful than your voice. You lost. Period.

However, Donald Trump and I do advocate name-calling. It is what we have in common. Or should I say names-calling since you have several for me just as I have several for you. Although mine for you are more just. Well, reader here-- if there is a reader-- can decide.
            Last edited by bottle; 12-10-2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Report on Serve Experiment

To restate it, hand goes down just once, on outside of racket butt, vs. going down on inside of racket butt (closer to body). Going down to outside greatly helped me to understand the other. Speed for both serves was about the same. Consistency was greater, however, when using hand closer to the body version.

Paul Metzler of Australia is a tennis writer intellectual enough to compare serves in which palm stays down vs. turns out.

Me, I may do both on occasion-- for fun-- but probably will turn wrist out from now on so long as I stay within the same service innovation program.

An unexpected advantage is that upward runway can become as long as it was when this server used to clench both halves of arm together.

One can simply keep elbow against body as racket tip topples over and shoulder goes down while other shoulder tosses the ball.

Whole arm can then rise like a double-jointed fire truck ladder only coiling at the same time!

The feel of this is "coming at bottom of ball." And to the outside. Followed by hi-5 on back of ball, combined push on inside of ball and turn with scarecrow arm to finish.

I recommend all TennisOne videos of Doug King (free to TennisPlayer subscribers). He lays out a bunch of serving principles which I find less restrictive and more conducive to innovation than those of any other teaching pro I have encountered in my life.
              Last edited by bottle; 12-12-2016, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• Report on 10splayer's Mental State

He is a vomiphile. He loves to vomit. That is why he keeps reading my stuff.
                Last edited by bottle; 12-12-2016, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Report on 10splayer's Mental State

He is a vomitphile. He loves to vomit. That is why he keeps reading my stuff.
                  Update on Bottle.....He's still delusional. I propose we bleachbit this thread. Do you have that in your nudist colony?
                  Last edited by 10splayer; 12-12-2016, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• If I'm delusional, then my work doesn't make you vomit? Me and Steve Bannon gonna bitch-slap you, little boy. Gonna bring you into line with super duper nation. Just remember: Not to love our master savior Berlusconi is a great disgrace. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZlFBSRrSR0)
                    Last edited by bottle; 12-12-2016, 09:34 AM.

Comment

If I'm delusional, then my work doesn't make you vomit? Me and Steve Bannon gonna bitch-slap you, little boy. Gonna bring you into line with super duper nation. Just remember: Not to love our master savior Berlusconi is a great disgrace. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZlFBSRrSR0)
                      "Me and Steve Bannon gonna bitch-slap you (ya), little boy" I like it!!! It's funny. Maybe there is some hope for you as a writer.
                      Last edited by 10splayer; 12-12-2016, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• You won't think it so funny when Steve does it to you, but I'm dropping out.

Comment

• All Tangled Up In Blue

Originally posted by 10splayer View Post

"Me and Steve Bannon gonna bitch-slap you (ya), little boy" I like it!!! It's funny. Maybe there is some hope for you as a writer.
                          Shoe. All ya gotta due is say "bitch-slap" one time per sence & ull go strat tu Oslo & Stockholm lest u wanna sta hom.
                          Last edited by bottle; 12-13-2016, 06:25 AM.

Comment

All Tangled Up In Blue

Shoe. All ya gotta due is say "bitch-slap" one time per sence & ull go strat tu Oslo & Stockholm lest u wanna sta hom.
                            Wow, I haven't seen you this mad since that guy stole your tambourine.
                            Last edited by 10splayer; 12-13-2016, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Do you and Bottle know each-other?

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
                                Do you and Bottle know each-other?
                                No, I was joking. Kinda sucks when Im the only one that thinks I'm funny. Alas, the story of my life Hockeyscout.
                                Last edited by 10splayer; 12-13-2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8113 users online. 6 members and 8107 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X