No announcement yet.

For iiii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knee drop is a balance move on low balls not a power move in my understandimg. also the knee drops with one of the pivot moves.

Comment

this is from baileys article on pivot moves
      When using the two foot pivot the player stays low and keeps the angles in the legs through the shot. In the set up, the knees are bent at a 45 degree angle or more. During the swing, the legs uncoil and partially straighten. But during the followthrough the player drops the knees down again for balance.

Comment

Originally posted by uspta146749877 View Post
        Any update about the Bailey method?
        heres my 2 cents having worked with the program for a few weeks. putting names to footwork patterns can be of benefit in pracicing specific footwork patterns. when you shadow strokes you do the footwork with it. some of "the look" when the leg goes up looks alittle contrived and not natural. forcing yourself into those forced positions doesnt seem beneficial to me(but who am i to say). it was an expensive way to learn to categorize footwork patterns for me. as a conditioning exercise it can be very strenuous when done at high intensity just like any high intensity footwork session. a benefit of doing the footwork patterns is to reinforce muscle memory for tennis specific movement. i think it has a role in overall tennis training but it would not be the first dvd i would buy to learn to play tennis.

Comment

Thank you for your response

Originally posted by llll View Post
          heres my 2 cents having worked with the program for a few weeks. putting names to footwork patterns can be of benefit in pracicing specific footwork patterns. when you shadow strokes you do the footwork with it. some of "the look" when the leg goes up looks alittle contrived and not natural. forcing yourself into those forced positions doesnt seem beneficial to me(but who am i to say). it was an expensive way to learn to categorize footwork patterns for me. as a conditioning exercise it can be very strenuous when done at high intensity just like any high intensity footwork session. a benefit of doing the footwork patterns is to reinforce muscle memory for tennis specific movement. i think it has a role in overall tennis training but it would not be the first dvd i would buy to learn to play tennis.
          Thank you for your response.
          If you will have more thoughts let me know

julian mielniczuk
          uspta certified pro 27873 juliantennis@comcast.net

Courtside Tennis Club,Bedford,MA

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2369 users online. 8 members and 2361 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X