Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MgR/Io=21 Formula for frame/pro balance points/moment of inertia/total mass gravita.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best fh in the game hit it with a locked wrist hitting structure, that is, they "snap back" the frame towards the booty, but, it's a very fast u turn, with the wrist locked back at take back, at contact, and at follow through as well. The hip opens up, adding pace and torso into the shot, as the locked hitting structure is "dragged" behind the opening hip. When the wrist opens up prematurely, or intentionally, there is less force imparted, more spin, less depth, less pace. Most folks with not so good fh are doing this without realizing it: hitting the ball without a locked wrist, so that their wrist/hand moves back more at impact, than a locked one will.
    Your comment about frame enhancement also is interesting, for the use of silicone in the handle, about 25g of the clear, soft type is injected: against cotton blockers, so the silicone does not go down into the frame: head drills a small 1/8" hole in their black butt handle caps, and injects it that way, and the wilson frames come with the foam in the handles, which is dug out and the same silicone injected. Why do they do that? The soft silicone adds mass (25g or so) into the handle (custom frames come light), and the softness deadens impact/absorbs impact/softens impact into the arm/wrist, allowing for more heavy hitting, without as much shock!

btw, check out my article on the back hand overhead, if you are coming into the net.
    Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 04-06-2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by geoffwilliams View Post
      Assuming your bal. pt. is 31.2 cm, your at 21.19! Just a little over Soderlings 21 mark. That's fine.
      thanks so much geoff
      have you ever heard of vantage racquets???
      heres the link

go past their bast core series
      and look at their customization product
      sven goth is their usa rep
      worked for bosworth for many years
      knows alot about frames and customization
      if you want to talk to him directly and have trouble via the site pm me at ll5382@aol.com ( thats LL5382) and ill give you his cell #
      i have owned several racquets by them and play with them now
      he has measured the grips of the one i liked the most and customed all the grips i play with to be the same
      all the weight balance and sw are almost idetical with all my frames
      the racquets are foam cofe high modulus graphite old scool feel
      able to get more weight with lower sw
      Last edited by llll; 04-06-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by llll View Post
        thanks so much geoff
        have you ever heard of vantage racquets???
        heres the link

go past their bast core series
        and look at their customization product
        sven goth is their usa rep
        worked for bosworth for many years
        knows alot about frames and customization
        if you want to talk to him directly and have trouble via the site pm me at ll5382@aol.com ( thats LL5382) and ill give you his cell #
        i have owned several racquets by them and play with them now
        he has measured the grips of the one i liked the most and customed all the grips i play with to be the same
        all the weight balance and sw are almost idetical with all my frames
        the racquets are foam cofe high modulus graphite old scool feel
        able to get more weight with lower sw
        Wow! They are good at the customization stuff, and you are definitely in the minority, and a very small min., to have all the frames identical. Do you play better due to the custom jobs? They rec. a round pallet for western grips, and a sharper edged pallet for sv players. What shape did they suggest for you?

Comment

Wow! They are good at the customization stuff, and you are definitely in the minority, and a very small min., to have all the frames identical. Do you play better due to the custom jobs? They rec. a round pallet for western grips, and a sharper edged pallet for sv players. What shape did they suggest for you?
          as far as do i play better with the custom frames.
          i'll just say i cant blame the racquet when i miss

i had tennis elbow issues so i was looking for a heavy headlight racquet .
          i demoed many and came across vantage really liked the feel
          and came up with specs to my liking
          i use a wilson type 4 3/8 grip but as i said its made to the millimeter of the grip that felt the best to me.

since you are into this stuff i play with vs team gut at 42 lbs.
          surprisingly no trampoline and controllable for my strokes.

Comment

vs team or vs touch? No launch? That's weird, with that string, although, due to the lower mass, it should still go long on you.

Comment

vs team or vs touch? No launch? That's weird, with that string, although, due to the lower mass, it should still go long on you.
              17 gauge
              my racquet is a 63 stiffness rating

Comment

That sounds like a really good set up. Except for the low tens. of the vs! How do you keep the ball in? I'd be hitting the fence on that tens.! Joker plays with a 51 flex, 100 sq/ in., 60/58, vs team/alu power, 360g mass, 371 sw, which puts him at 20.0

Comment

maybe because im 58 years old???

Comment

It must be really nice to have such great frames and string! If nothing else, your confidence in the equipment cannot be shaken in that regard, as it is top of the line frames, identically balance, pallets set, string set for a high octane game.

Comment

Posts Appreciated

Geoff:

Count me as another who reads, enjoys and learns from your posts! I have read a good deal about tennis but not focused on equipment and your posts have been enlightening. Your posts on non-equipment topics are also very informative and original. Keep them coming! Thanks.

Comment

I thank you for that very positive comment! It's not just a game we all love, it's the fellows we play with, and who enjoy the same game. "Don't just change a losing game, change a losing frame.": Geoff Williams

Hey, John, it's time for an equipment section. Frames, are what people most care about, while the strings, a distant second, are the soul of the frame. I don't think anyone who subscribes would disagree, that it would be a welcome addition, and a help vs. a hurt.
                        Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 04-11-2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Hi Geoff,

My setup:

Babolat Aeroprodrive
                          Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power Rough 16L String
                          Strung at 55 lbs...

I am happy with it. Any opinions you might have are welcome, since I just never gave it much thought...
                          Thanks

Comment

The apd original? That's the one Nadal uses, not the cortex as advertised. I'd try a spin set up: ie, #1: msv hex 1.10mm mains/super smash spiky crosses, #2: blue gear ultra mains/scorpion wc crosses,(POWER) or #3: ash. kevlar 16g/alu power rough crosses, #4: blue gear ultra mains with nrg2 crosses for controlled spin, with the mains lower than the crosses, or a power set up: #1: vs team gut mains/alu power rough crosses. 55lbs is a little low for that 100 sq. in frame, but if you like it, don't change it!
                            Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 04-15-2011, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Yes, the apd original. I play on red clay courts only, where I prefer the lower tension. As soon as my roll of strings is through, will try some of the alternatives you mentioned, thanks...

Comment

I have three of the same sticks!
                                apd apd extended

Here are some difference between the fake chinese counterfeits and the real ones
                                fake apd Look at the grommet strip at the throat: not gray, no woofer system, fake.
                                Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 04-15-2011, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2993 users online. 3 members and 2990 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X