Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MgR/Io=21 Formula for frame/pro balance points/moment of inertia/total mass gravita.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geoff,
    Equipment is definitely a category missing on Tennisplayer. A systematic explanation of strings, types, guages, material, etc. and their playing characteristics, as well as racket types, stiffness, material, customization, etc.
    It would be great if John would let you do this category, so that all of your know-how would be in one place instead of being dispersed all over in different posts.

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate that. Yesterday, a subcriber recognized me on the practice court, from my articles, and he asked, "Do you have any new articles coming?"

I said, "I sent John a few. One on the serve, one of the forehand, one on the body clock internal rhythm." I asked him, "Among those subjects, which would you want to see the most?"

He said, without being prompted, "I'd like to see an article on equipment."

I said, "John doesn't want to become a target of the big shots who run things."

He said, "I can understand that. I've been paying for two years. We are the ones paying him, not the manufacturers. I can see his point of view, though."

I said, "Why would he want to risk pissing off the big shots, when the subscribers would not be pissed off if there were no addition? I think that's his point of view."
      He doesn't want an expose type of thing, which I can understand, if there's any risk which I am not aware of. Look at what happened to the Tiger Woods golf ball episode: Sued by public remedies, inc.: Lian Goo: 2336 9th Ave San Francisco, CA 94116. They went after her company and it is now inactive! She also runs Consumer concern, inc., I think maybe a company to go after companies like Nike, and legally attack them. She lives at 388 Devon dr, San Rafael, ca., a one woman corporation, who beat the crap out of Nike, and cost them a ton of money, for lying about the fake golf ball supposedly used by woods.

There are a lot of folks buying frames they think their idols are using. They aren't for the most part. Fed is using a frame that most people can buy very similar, without the lead, the silicone, the inertial balancing done to his liking, but at least, it's a similar frame! Head is the worst, with none of the players using what's advertised off the rack.

The real issue is this: do the buying public know or do they have a right to know the frame in their hands is not the one used by: their hero?

That attack resulted in Nike supplying the actual ball, which is harder, and firmer, for the paying public, I believe, a good thing. Let them eat cake, just doesn't cut it, when you are paying $3.99/ball!

From the stick makers point of view, they may go under, if the people stopped buying the frames, not made for the pros, but for the masses, such as Prince, who are tottering anyway. The pro frames are more expensive, harder to make, different lay ups, special drill patterns, injected with silicone in the butt handle, lead under the grommets, all hidden from the eye of the people who buy. Most don't know at all, what is going on under the paint jobs. Most don't know what a pallet is. Most don't know what a lay up is. Most don't know what a balance point is. Most don't know what swing weight is. Most don't know about tension loss in string, or power RA levels on frames, or anything at all about the balls. Ignorance is bliss, and how much does it really hurt them not to know anyway? How many folks would play better with strings and frames designed for their games? How many know about trajectory angles, angles of deflection, elasticity, tension of crosses, as it relates to the ball going out too much?

Even a 3.0 could benefit from greater knowledge. A great many of even them would pay more for a pro frame. I say, give them the choice: cheap and common, or rare and expensive. The truth is, they have that choice anyway, they just don't know it, don't know where to go to buy, to string, to customize, and aren't even aware of the pros and cons of doing so!
      Last edited by GeoffWilliams; 04-16-2011, 08:44 AM.

Comment

If brand names are a problem, couldn't the articles just be on the basic principles and characteristics to appraise rackets and strings?

Comment

That would be compromise.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8442 users online. 5 members and 8437 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X