Thoughts on Wimbledon, '05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool thread

Props to ken, JY, ignite, crazylefty, crosscourt and the Professor for lots of good stuff. Let's see: from Wimbledon tennis > Lleyton's feelings, > the game, attitude and sartorial choices of Andy Roddick. You guys got quasi-political, delved into pop-psychology and got the tennis player/coach AND English teacher in all of us laughing.

The irony is that crazylefty totally nailed the final. Everyone knows that when people say Roger in four, they really mean Roger in three. Dumb it down, just in case, right?

I hate to admit it, but the Connors joke got me laughing the most. Made me wonder if crazylefty might just be John Yandell's bud Johhny Mac, who does frequent this site. Naaaa. Naa?

Comment

Anyone see the postmatch Roddick interviews? Or read them?

After seeing it on TV...funniest comments I've heard in a while. Roddick's kinda one dimensional, but he's improving on that and has a nice sense of humor.

By the way, I'm looking at Murray on hard courts right now. He's getting wild cards into everything, and deserves it anyway. On the other hand, Blake dropped out first round in the Campbell's Hall of Fame tournament.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7961 users online. 8 members and 7953 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
      X