No announcement yet.

Wimbledon 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Novak lost focus in the 3rd set otherwise it could have been embarrassingly easy. I was getting very worried for Nadal. He has no answer to Novak and doesn't know what to do. It showed in his face.

I'm not sure what he can do either Nadal's forehand is nothing to Novak, and Novak patrols the mid-court with his backhand in a way that Nadal can't with his.

Their backhands are a major difference. Nadal needs to improve his if he is to make matches against Novak winnable.

Anyone else got any ideas for Rafa? That's about all I can come up with
    Last edited by stotty; 07-04-2011, 05:33 AM.
    Stotty

Comment

Fragile Rafa

To his credit he never mentioned it after the match but Rafa had a fracture in his right foot (per his trainer this happened in the quarters). This apparently prevented him from pushing off as well as he usually does. Thus he had more unforced errors on the backhand side due to not being able to get into position. Not to take anything away from Novak but Rafa was just not at 100%. If he had been he would have won more of the long rallies. If you look closely at the replay you can see that he was at least a half a step slower than in last years final.

Comment

Belgrade celebrates!!!

Over 100,000 people were celebrating in the streets...it's good to have something to celebrate. Although I missed the entire match, I would like to congratulate Djokovic and his entire country...including at least one participant on this thread. It is certainly something for them to celebrate...and they need it.

He earned it fair and square. Any talk about injuries or excuses will be forgotten with time. Djokovic's name will remain on the trophy without any asterisks or other clarifications. No ifs, ands or buts. Many champions play with injuries and win or lose...and never mention them to the public. That makes 5 straight finals over Nadal. Munching the grass...how original.

Did they bounce the ball a lot before hitting their serves? I don't understand why they do that. Is it psyching or cheating? Stalling? It doesn't look good to my eye. jimlosaltos has some interesting remarks about Nadal at his website. I guess I am not the only one who thinks he's a "hot dog". To each, his own...I suppose.

I'm guessing there was very little serve and volley...what a shame...what a game. The ghosts of Wimbledon past must be cringing.

Oh well. On to the U. S. Open. Take a breather, Roger.
        Last edited by don_budge; 07-09-2011, 11:40 AM. Reason: for clarity's sake
        don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8045 users online. 4 members and 8041 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
        X