Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Circle: From Yandell...to Bowie...to Iggy......to tennisplayer.net

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post

I must say I admire the record collection of don_budge which seems identical to my own. Good to see JY is a Bowie fan as are others.

Here's to good taste....
    Fascinating stuff from the good licensedcoach in the UK. Check this out.

I sort of grew up with good old Iggy as well. I tried to convince him to be a tennis player instead of the ultimate wild man he became. Thought it might keep him out of trouble. Just kidding...never knew him.

But keeping with the x degrees of separation theory...we were not so far removed in a sense. He was raised in my neck of the woods and his father was a baseball coach at a local high school at one point when I lived in Dearborn. He may of taped my ankle once after an accident on the tennis court when we played Fordson in tennis.

Iggy was a big fan and influenced by none other than Jim Morrison of The Doors...who is one of my personal all time favorites. Interesting insight into the Bowie mind...Stotty. Intelligent and calculating vs. cutting edge...he may of made a good tennis player as well. Don't forget his song "1984"...his tribute to Orwell's prognostication.

Connecting dot's...all of the time. Every waking second.
    Last edited by don_budge; 08-23-2012, 09:46 PM. Reason: for clarity's sake...
    don_budge
    Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

This is some good information...

Comment

Only on Tennisplayer.net can we start a thread about a shout out JY gets on the the invisible world of CoPoly strings and it ends up being about David Bowie and Iggy Pop. Gosh I love this forum.

Having lived in and gone to college in Michigan, I've always had soft-spot in my heart for those Michiganders who've made it big. That being Iggy Pop. Born in Muskegon and raised in suburban Detroit.

Moving on...

Lukas Rosol, the Wimbledon Wunderkid who beat Nadal in 2 Round at AELTC lost in qualifying of the US Open. Don't wanna say he's a flash in the pan, but don't know if he will ever top what happened this year at Wimbledon.

One of my favorites Berdych is in action in Winston Salem this week. Big final tomorrow against John Isner. Hopefully he gets some momentum going into the Open. Hasn't been the best summer for him. Guess we'll see over the next 2 weeks.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
        Boca Raton

Comment

Iggy was/is the real Mick Jagger...

Comment

New York...just like I pictured it, skyscrapers and everything...Stevie Wonder

Originally posted by klacr View Post
            Only on Tennisplayer.net can we start a thread about a shout out JY gets on the the invisible world of CoPoly strings and it ends up being about David Bowie and Iggy Pop. Gosh I love this forum.

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
            Boca Raton
            Once again...I'm with you klacr. Protocol on the tennisplayer.net has a life of it's own. Just like in the old world of tennis we have our own sense of etiquette and how best to make this thing work. There is no protocol, at least not in the written sense and sometimes threads tend to meander...licensedcoach sometimes will make the comment about getting back on thread.

But on the other hand...Johnny Yandell gets it. He chimes in with the comment..."Iggy was/is the real Mick Jagger"...which I found quite astounding, coming from an ex-Ivy League theology student. Thus keeping this thread alive and on thread in its own peculiar meandering way...like most our lives as the river flows.

It leaves us asking ourselves the same question that man has been asking himself since the dawn of man...is it fate or is it coincidence? Or to put it another way...which came first the chicken or the egg?...or who is the real Bowie/Jagger/Iggy?

Sometimes it takes a team effort to get to the bottom of things...as we move on to the 2012 U. S. Open Championships in New York, New York. The New York skyline silhouetting the horizon. The ghosts of tennis past and the crowd of lost souls that make up the audience mingling interchangeable in the twilight hour...the moments between day and night. That moment when it is neither the light of day or the dark of night...you are someplace in between. The shaman's moment. Good night...sleep well she said.
            Last edited by don_budge; 08-24-2012, 11:20 PM. Reason: for the sake of man...
            don_budge
            Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2704 users online. 7 members and 2697 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X