Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More than just human: Have a good effect on your practice partners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
    That's just great young man. You sound like your head and your game are in the right spots. You are definitely a tennis nut!

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. Good to hear those words after I'm licking my wounds from that Berdych/Murray match. Really thought Berdych could pull it off. Oh well.

bottle, sorry to say but I'm unfamilar with Gary Rogers. To my knowledge, he's not a USPTA pro nor does the name ring a bell.

This thread does bring back alot of great memories for me with practice partners. I used to ride my bike 6 miles down a major intersection to play at this one park. The cars whizzing by just a few feet away from me and my yellow and black Agassi radical tennis bag flung across my shoulders as I delicately balanced myself on my huffy 10 speed. I could always find a game there with some middle aged hacker, or a pro-tour wannabe about 20 years past his prime. I had a weekly doubles match with a 57 year old social worker, a 47 year old graphic artist and an 82 year old man named Walter from Suriname. I always played with Walter, and we won more times than not. Our combined age when we played was 96. I never had so much fun despite the fact that I was, even at 14, the best on the court, I didn't care who I hit with. I remember looking for balls in the meshed garbage cans by the court and would get really excited when I found a decent one. As soon as I showed my newfound hitting partners my discovered treasure and they would politely insist, without offending my young adolescent naivete, that we shall use their brand new can of Pro Penn.

Playing until it got too dark out that riding the 6 miles back and across several lanes of traffic to the point where it would be a death wish, my Mom, furious at this point, would have to drive over to pick me and my bike up. As mad as she was, I did it more times than she ever should have allowed, and yet, she never stopped me from continuously doing it.

I loved tennis. And still do...at times

Kyle LaCroix USPTA
    Boca Raton

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 3327 users online. 10 members and 3317 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
    X