Is McEnroe flipless?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
    Post 13 in this thread was insightful and just about says it all about grips and lag. This part of the post in particular I found really interesting:
    Can you see how (in the old videos) how the tip of the racquet comes "inline" with the hand at the beginning of the swing? (no lag) Once this occurs/is established, both ends of the racquet (tip/handle) will move at the same speed forward.. This is a terribly inefficient way to create end point racquet head speed. - 10splayer
    Surprisingly, I agree with you.

Comment

Nastase vs. Ashe...1972 U. S. Open with Vic Braden in the booth

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
      Here's more of the entire match...1972 US Open Final. Vic Braden in the booth. I remember that my father and I used to think that he was sort of a buffoon...he was rather quirky in his comments. He was from Toledo, Ohio I think...and was a fixture at the local tennis courts there. Honing his quirky commentary. I think that he was asking my aunt out for a date at one point. Ain't love grand?

Two really nice service motions. Love the contrast of characters. Arthur Ashe with the Head Comp I racquet...he was so cool. Nastase is like mercury...so volatile. So slinky, so smooth, so fluid. Fred Perry shirt and shorts, Dunlop Maxply Fort racquet with VS Gut strings...what a classic. See the match point. The awards ceremony...he wins a Pinto Station Wagon.

His victory speech? "Thank you, I was lucky. See you next year." Such a charming bastard!
      Last edited by don_budge; 12-29-2012, 03:49 AM.
      don_budge
      Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

More flipping Nastase...Nastase vs. Smith 1972 Wimbledon final

Classic tennis...at its best. Each player entering the court with four tennis racquets and an empty racquet cover with all of their gear in it. All dressed in white and playing with white balls. Superb British commentary.
        Last edited by don_budge; 12-29-2012, 04:05 AM.
        don_budge
        Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by don_budge View Post
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_NFgIa1I7g

Classic tennis...at its best. Each player entering the court with four tennis racquets and an empty racquet cover with all of their gear in it. All dressed in white and playing with white balls. Superb British commentary.
          I think Stan must have been lying in the sun rather a lot!
          Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8250 users online. 4 members and 8246 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X