Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Djokovic over Nadal?

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
    At Ladbrokes we would be leaving their doors richer than when we went in...that's for sure. Perhaps we ought to starting betting as a profitable sideline.

A great day for me. Both girls came up trumps. Sharapova gave me a slight scare...but rain saved the day...and she returned to emerge the winner. Serena's match was a predictable rout.

I have Tsonga and Djokovic to win tomorrow.
    So, did I win you over on Djokovic. I thought you were pretty convinced it was Nadal. It's the same price for the bet on either of them.

don

Comment

Originally posted by tennis_chiro View Post
      So, did I win you over on Djokovic. I thought you were pretty convinced it was Nadal. It's the same price for the bet on either of them.

don
      None of my posts have predicted Nadal as the winner, always Djokovic. It's close but if Djokovic plays his best he will win, barring a masterplan by Toni.
      Stotty

Comment

Wiped out by missed overheands!

THe Djokovic we have come to marvel at could not have possibly missed all those overheads, much less touch the net serving at 4-3 in the fifth! I only saw it from the beginning of the fourth set. Novak never quite looked himself to me. On the other hand, Nadal's forehand was ridiculous. And those deep crosscourt backhands were pretty good. I saw a couple of times when Djokovic should have stayed to the backhand, once on an approach, and he went to the forehand and paid the price.

I had Ferrer match figured just right, 40 minutes a set and just under 10 games a set allowing for one long set, but I figured Tsonga would take a set. I got hammered on bonus points.

Still, it's nice to see Ferrer in the final, but unless Nadal is hurting from this match today, it will be a snoozer.

Likewise in the women's final. But the shot making may actually be more eye-opening in the women's match because they can't run down each other's winners.

don

Comment

Both my players bombed out today...so it's game over for me.

I didn't see all the game...but most of it.

Nadal was exceptional; kept a great length, which stopped Djokovic using angles to get Nadal off court on his backhand wing. Djokovic overplayed his inside out forehand to Nadal's forehand way too much at times. He started to rectify this a little in sets 4 and 5.

Nadal returned well by lofting balls high and deep at times; great tactic, worked well.

Djokovic was terribly unlucky to touch the net. It cost him the match. At 5-5 in the fifth I had to leave to give a tennis lesson...grr.
          Last edited by stotty; 06-07-2013, 11:39 AM.
          Stotty

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8277 users online. 5 members and 8272 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
          X