No announcement yet.

Brian Gordon's 3D Technology in NY Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the intention is to replace video, but Brian's research, based on his 3D analysis, did lead to his breakthrough research on the ATP, type 3 forehand. I don't think it can be called a gimmick at all.

Comment

So how about "the fleeting cursor" (for lack of a better term) that appeared for a while in all the videos but then went away? Was that just gimmick or substantial? Personally, I found it tremendously useful-- that chance to regulate full-screen video forward and backward at hand-regulated speed. The counter-argument-- that somebody could point to something by saying, "at 16 clicks you can see...."-- might have figured in this decision affecting us all, but I don't know. When people won't discuss the really important stuff, there is a temptation to throw up one's hands and say that people in this country in every walk of life just want to avoid substantial questions of any kind.

I see this as simply reacting to what is going on, similar to tennis.
      Last edited by bottle; 08-29-2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianGordon View Post
          Glenn-

Hope to see you in SFL.

GC-

Long time!!! Haven't we been talking about putting you in some iteration of the suit for years??? Hearing from you reminds me it has been a long time since I made it to the bay. Thanks for chiming in and hope to see you soon.
          Brian--

It's been way too long! The weather is great right now, come and catch a flight.

On an unrelated note, do you have any idea why most of the girls use a pinpoint stance? And, more importantly, from your research, what's more efficient, and has more potential?

Cheers,
          GC.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianGordon View Post
            Well... I know many think of it as extravagant - I think of it as the best value I can provide based on the equipment used and the amount of time and work that goes into each analysis.

Currently $300.00 covers 3D real-time measurement of fh, bh, and serve with a 10 camera scientific grade motion capture system, Internet access to the computed results, and a follow-up 60-90 minute sit down analysis with me to discuss the good and the bad, and to devise a road map for future development options based on my research and coaching experiences.
            Actually, IMO, an excellent bargain for a unique experience!!
            Maybe I can make it down there in December....I just emailed you, Brian.
            Invitation to come up here and speak...maybe.

Hope all is well.

Best,
            Doug

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7676 users online. 8 members and 7668 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
            X