No announcement yet.

Ordered the Zepp sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check this 4 minute video out from the BBC...rule changes are to go with new technology.

Tennis technology has progressed so far that the sport's governing body has moved to regulate new data devices.

Hope you can view the video, sometimes the BBC limits it content and other parts of the world can't view it....fingers crossed.
    Stotty

Comment

Nice Stotty. Thanks...

Comment

For Phil

Please see a video from post #15

Comment

Saw it Julian, Babolat looks very good...

Comment

You are invited

Originally posted by gzhpcu View Post
            Saw it Julian, Babolat looks very good...
            You are invited to see

Comment

Julian, it looks excellent, thanks. The only drawback I see is that it is integrated into one particular model only. I play with the Babolat AeroPro Drive racket, which I prefer to the Babolat Drive rackets. Any chance Babolat will make the sensor available on the Babolat model of choice?

Comment

Well, I have tested the Zepp sensor, and man is it buggy! Don't understand how they can put an untested product on the market. First I kept getting other players data on the iPhone app. Finally, after 5 days of emailing screen shots, they resolved the problem. Now, however, the statistics are way off. The power scale (similar to Babolat's) with a max of 100, shows my average power on the forehand to be about 11! I am not Federer obviously, but can still manage to hit with power. I informed them, they told me to reboot the sensor, which I did, and still no better. It also told me I hit smashes, whereas I didn't, and the ratio of slice to topspin forehands is way off (I hit mainly topspin or close to flat). Still waiting for an answer, but I have lost confidence in the product and their level of professionality.

Am going to order the Babolat PLAY racket. Looks much better, much better tested.

Comment

Hi Julian,
                  Being disappointed with the Zepp sensor, I would like to buy the Babolat Play pure drive racket. I tried doing so, and looked at the tenniswarehouse site. They have it but don't ship it abroad. Any idea how I can order one here in Switzerland? Thanks, Phil

Comment

I think there is a Tennis Warehouse Europe.

Comment

There is John, but they will not sell the Babolat Play until June-July.

I phoned Babolat HQ in France, and they said due to support reasons, it is initially being released in the U.S. only...

Comment

And now I saw the upcoming Sony product. That looks good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D95hGqmcWPk

Comment

I went to Dubai for a week and played tennis on hard courts. Zepp sensor finally works for me! Playing on clay courts in Lugano it gave very low figures, trained this week in dubai on hard courts
                          And now results are good:

Serve: 62 average, 79 max.
                          Forehand: 50 average, 60 max,
                          Backhand: 42 average, 70 max

I wonder why does the surface makes such a big difference? If explainable, Zepp should add a parameter for surface type.

Comment

Got a software update from Zepp, and now the results are practically identical! The measurements make sense.

clay court
                            forehand: max 60 ave 45
                            backhand: max 71 ave 44
                            serve: max 74 ave 62

hard court
                            forehand: max 58 ave 43
                            backhand: max 70 ave 42
                            serve: max 70 ave 62

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 7966 users online. 2 members and 7964 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                            X