Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload Your Stroke Files Here!

Guys,

Here's the latest. You can now attach your own stroke files here--up to 20 megs--in either AVI or MOV format. AND then we can all see and discuss!
    So have at it! Here is a test for starters.

John Yandell

PS: Larger files will take longer to upload, so be patient!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by johnyandell; 08-28-2005, 03:19 PM.

i use windows movie maker to capture my videos, and they only save as .wmv files. any suggestions for video capture software? (preferably freeware or shareware)

Comment

I'll look into it--thought Movie Maker saved as AVIs for sure...

Comment

Video How To

John,

I think it would be helpful if you posted a primer on how to create the video files. There are a number of issues including using a camera with a fast shutter speed (sports setting), optimal compression settings, and how to deinterlace frames that would be helpful to know in more detail.

Obviously you couldn't provide how-to's for every editing program available, but you could cover the most common ones on both the Mac and Windows platforms. I've successfully used programs on both platforms that are essentially free—iMovie on the Mac that comes bundled with the computer and Avid Free DV for Windows, which as it's name implies is a free download.

Ultimately it might save people (including yourself) a lot of time and frustration.

Scott

Comment

Great idea! We have thought the same and are committed in theory to the concept. Just got to find the time--also I am evaluating some new stuff that might play into the whole thing--so I'll still not exactly sure. The Avid program sounds interesting. Where do you get it? How is it on Quick Time files???

Comment

ok, heres my serve
            Attached Files

Comment

now heres my bh, this is the same one i posted on the TW forums. got some great advice from people there like bungalo and others. would like to hear from you too john
              Attached Files

Comment

Avid Free DV

John,

The Avid program is a free download from the Avid website (http://www.avid.com/freedv/index.asp). It works on both Windows XP and Mac OS X. It's a lite version of Avid Xpress, and some may find it overly complicated (it took me a while to figure it out, but the tutorials are pretty good). It does save files in QuickTime, deinterlaces frames, and gives you a number of compression options when creating files. Everything you need.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by scottap
                  John,

The Avid program is a free download from the Avid website (http://www.avid.com/freedv/index.asp). It works on both Windows XP and Mac OS X. It's a lite version of Avid Xpress, and some may find it overly complicated (it took me a while to figure it out, but the tutorials are pretty good). It does save files in QuickTime, deinterlaces frames, and gives you a number of compression options when creating files. Everything you need.

Scott
                  can it convert between file types? i would like to convert my .wmv files to quicktime if possible. ive found a shareware program that can convert to avi, thats how i was able to attach my clips. only problem is that the trial will end after 15 demos

Comment

I really don't know. I assume though if it can open/import your files, it can output them to another format. But I'm only guessing.

Comment

Scott,

Thanks for all the info--I'm just in the middle of getting comfortable with final Cut Pro. The Avid program sounds great and the price is right. Haven't forgotten about what you said--think the tutorial is a good idea--but it's going to take a while longer to get to it.
                      John

Comment

I'm gonna give AvidDV a try. Will let you know how it may fit into the master plan to bring side by side analysis into your home...

Comment

Free MotionPro! software to capture your videos

As was just announced yesterday in other forums, PDSOFTEC is now offering our free MotionPro! demo software to members of TennisPlayer.net. This simple software will help you to easily capture and save your video files, as well as to trim them down to just the essential content.

MotionPro! can also play two videos side by side, as well as much much more. It is a complete video analysis software product, but the demo may be just what you need for basic video capture, trimming, and playback.

You can get your copy from www.pdsoftec.com. Just follow the link to the demo and take it away!

By default this software uses the Microsoft DV Video compressor (standard codec should be found on all systems). If you install the free DivX codec (www.divx.com) you can get fantastic compression of avi files with it, making your upload times much shorter.

Questions, comments? Feel free to ask here in this forum or at support@pdsoftec.com.

Enjoy,

David Hill
                          President
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shootermcmarc0
                            ok, heres my serve
                            ]

bump, anyone have any quick pointers on how i can improve my serve

Comment

file didn't make it

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 2357 users online. 7 members and 2350 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                              X