• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that why its raining?

Comment

Originally posted by bottle View Post
      I weep.
      Succinct..... that's a first for you. You should try it more often.
      Last edited by 10splayer; 10-24-2014, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 10splayer View Post
        "Not overdoing it or under doing it". Exactly!!!The interesting part is that even under duress and the emergencies of playing, he maintains this..

He's a bit deceiving in that as much as he glides around in such an efficient way, his forehand really packs a punch when he wants to step on it.
        I love the fact he has so much time. And, yes, you get an inkling from the video that even under duress he won't be knocked out of his stride. The video tells me a lot. He looks laconic and easy...qualities I most like to see in a player. It's why I used to like watching Mecir so much.
        Last edited by stotty; 10-24-2014, 03:27 PM.
        Stotty

Comment

Originally posted by licensedcoach View Post
          I love the fact he has so much time. And, yes, you get an inkling from the video that even under duress he won't be knocked out of his stride. The video tells me a lot. He looks laconic and easy...qualities I most like to see in a player. It's why I used to like watching Mecir so much.
          I echo that. Sort of like an insipid person supporting a racist, neither of whom is capable of making meaningful distinction. But I will make a distinction, and you, reader, can decide whether it is meaningful or just mean. Of the racists in this forum who recently decided, en masse, to unfurl their ugly flag, Stroke came across as the most racist of all.

Note: I play the race card 5000 times since racism and drones are far more serious problems in this country than "political correctness." People really need lessons in learning where to direct their disgust.
          Last edited by bottle; 10-24-2014, 06:43 PM.

Comment

I echo that. Sort of like an insipid person supporting a racist, neither of whom is capable of making meaningful distinction. But I will make a distinction, and you, reader, can decide whether it is meaningful or just mean. Of the racists in this forum who recently decided, en masse, to unfurl their ugly flag, Stroke came across as the most racist of all.

Note: I play the race card 5000 times since racism and drones are far more serious problems in this country than "political correctness." People really need lessons in learning where to direct their disgust.
            Huh? Don't get it... Did I miss something?

Comment

Bottle, you are just a douche as another poster has already pointed out. You need to just stick with your twilight zone thread and keep on responding to your own posts. That is about your speed.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                Bottle, you are just a douche as another poster has already pointed out. You need to just stick with your twilight zone thread and keep on responding to your own posts. That is about your speed.
                He started another thread so he can now have a running conversation with his other self. (lucky us)

I guess a diary is out of the question .
                Last edited by 10splayer; 10-25-2014, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stroke View Post
                  Classy.
                  Last edited by hockeyscout; 11-16-2014, 02:30 AM.

Comment

I've always wanted to be a fucking water bottle.

Comment

Did I go into the wrong thread? Thought it was about racket head speed...

Comment

I agree Phil

I am in agreement with Phil here. Somehow we went from a really interesting and important discussion of racket head speed (and I loved the post of 10splayer about when acceleration should occur) to something quite different and once it takes that turn it becomes hard to bring it back to the original purpose of the thread. I love reading the Forum every day to learn from everyone's perspective. Every contributor to the Forum is obviosly an over the top lover of tennis, albeit with some very different takes on the game and that is what I personally enjoy reading - not the sniping which to my mind just diminishes things. It seems that once one contributor takes a thread into a non-tennis (i.e., personal) direction, it goes downhill from there. That is at least my 2 cents.

Comment

I've always wanted to be a fucking water bottle.
                          Last edited by hockeyscout; 11-16-2014, 02:30 AM.

Comment

And, just to go off topic, I think you tennis players need to watch this hockey link. Its classic. You'll laugh. Guys, we play such different sports!

This is Paul Newman's best movie.

Comment

The Shape of the Swoosh…and Racquet Head Speed

The Shape of a Swing…and Racquet Head Speed

Speaking of shaping the swing. I speak to my students about shaping their swings in the shape of the NIKE “swoosh” in order to shape their shots. The cursive small letter “C” shape...with a long tail. I draw a picture of it with my index finger in the air. I advise them that there is an imaginary piece of pencil lead in the tip of their racquet.

1 set the racquet in ready position, cheating slightly to the forehand
                              2 turn the shoulders a bit and set the racquet face in the direction of the ball
                              3 now continue to turn the shoulders and the racquet face is now facing the opposite wall, hands just separating on the racquet
                              4 take a step and turn the shoulders onto the line of the feet and set the racquet along these two lines…now you have three lines in a single plane
                              5 turn the shoulders to the ball and show me where the ball meets the racquet position (racquet head slightly lower than the hand)
                              6 follow through position catching the racquet with the free hand and ready to return to ready position

Now I will demonstrate the swing for them...telling them to listen. I look amongst them for someone wearing the NIKE "swoosh". Look I say to them…the NIKE swoosh is really a “swing” and it makes a noise. Listen I say to them..the noise is a “swoosh” sound as the racquet face is accelerating and meets the ball and just beyond as the noise tails off. The racquet starts to make the swooshing sound just as the racquet is coming to the ball. Just before my step 5. Perhaps this is an indication of the racquet head speeding through the ball. I have my students stand in front of me and I tell them to listen as I swing. Then I tell them to point to the spot where the noise begins…and where it ends. Swoosh…says the racquet. Did you know that is what the NIKE swoosh means? I hope you have learned something.

The shape of the swing is related to the shape of the shot...perhaps inversely related. The shot makes sort of an inverted swoosh…rising and taking off fast on a ascending line but descending rapidly as the topspin takes effect and pulls on the air to bring the ball down quickly…also providing a safety margin for error in the clearance of the net. The shape of the swing influences the shape of the shot.

I remember sitting on top of a mountain somewhere in Arizona. Outside of Tucson if my memory serves me correctly. I had parked my horse down the mountain and climbed the rest of the way on foot. I sat down on the very top on the summit and admired the view below. A small bird took interest in me and flew rather close. The swooshing noise that it made as it flew by me really impressed me. At the time it impressed me how loud it seemed…we were so far from the other noises that pollute the senses. Somehow it seemed so innocent...yet honest and meaningful. I loved that little bird.
                              Last edited by don_budge; 10-26-2014, 07:59 AM.
                              don_budge
                              Performance Analysthttps://www.tennisplayer.net/bulleti...ilies/cool.png

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyscout View Post
                                Man, we use that word a lot. Even the young kids use it. If you heard the language kids use on the ice at the 5 to 10 year age groups you'd shake your head. I laugh at McEnroe. Its nothing he's saying compared to a hockey player. I wonder what the tennis world would think if a tennis player could talk like a hockey player, and play psychological mind games with an opponent at that level. Its such a nice civilized game, which is great.

Anyways, to get the topic back on track. I think that guys strokes are just awful, and quite frankly I think my eight year old baby girl hits a harder flatter ball. I am being 100 percent serious here. Deadly.

I am not sure why everyone is so fan-boy appreciate about it. I think mama would throw our little girl off the court if she was ever engaging in such unproductive mayhem.

I would laugh at my little girl if she moved like that guy, and matter of factly suggest she take up lawn bowling or something.

The MMA kids I train would tease my kid and call her a sissy if she played in this sort of fashion.

For us, its a pretty poor standard of play.

Wit all due respect, I can elaborate why it looks so bad to me athletically and aesthetically from a hockey coaches perspective. Maybe you guys might agree with a few things I am pointing out, or maybe you might be comfortable with the current paradigm of what traditional classic tennis looks like, who knows.
                                Haha, this place is getting nuttier by the minute. But anyway go, the floor is ypurs.

Comment

Who's Online

Collapse

There are currently 8173 users online. 5 members and 8168 guests.

Most users ever online was 31,715 at 05:06 AM on 03-05-2024.

Working...
                                X